Echo Show 15 and Wyze Devices

So. A little poking around in the Echo Show 15 today and I am not impressed with the Smart Home panel thus far. I am hopeful that because this is a new device recently just announced and just now available there will be updates
Navigation to your Wyze Devices
You can only view devices in a single row, not using all glorious 15 inches of Touch Screen.

You can filter by type of device (Camera, Switch, Plug, etc) and by Groups you have setup in Alexa, but are still presented with a single icon row, Making it a little painful to pull up your Wyze Alexa integrated devices on screen… Of course you always have voice commands not requiring touch. The presentation on the earlier Echo Show Devices on the Device Dashboard is much better in my opinion.

Camera access
Like the other Echo/Alexa Devices the WCO, VDB, or any camera added to the Wyze car are not supported in a “Live-view”. I cannot validate a V1 Wyze camera, I do not have any.

Wyze Cameras pulled up via touch or voice command on Average in about 10 seconds with the waiting for Wyze screen. A few times they did launch in about 2/3 seconds

Person Detection with the Video DoorBell.
I did create the below routine to have the Echo Show 15 show me who is at the Door using the VDB and it would never work. Since the VDB is in my list of Camera devices I just asked Alexa to show it to me and that failed as well after trying to launch teh camera 3 times it just went back to the home screen. Upon further inspection I found that the Echo Show 15 does not even recognize the VDB as a device even though it is in my Alexa list of devices… So no VDB view at this time @carverofchoice .

I also tried just a routine on a V3 I have at my front door so that when a Person is detected or the doorbell is pushed show the V3 camera on the Echo Show 15 and that worked as expected. The video launched. So for now just the VDB seems to not be compatible with the ES15 (new acronym for ya, lol).

Wyze Plugs (V1 only)
They turn on and off with the touch screen :slight_smile:

Wyze Bulbs (V1 White, V2 White, and Wyze Color Bulbs)
I was able to Turn them on and off and Adjust brightness only from the Panel. All other features require voice command such as change Color or Tone.

Wyze Light Strips (Standard and Pro)
I was able to Turn them on and off and Adjust brightness only from the Panel. All other features require voice command such as change Color or Tone.

Wyze Thermostats
I was able to pull these up on the panel and adjust the temp

Wyze Robot Vacuum
While this is in beta, you can at least launch it from the Alexa app to just clean… It does not even show as a smart device on the Echo Show 15.

That’s what I’ve got for now. Again, this will be ongoing… maybe to help you determine if you want one or not to use with you Wyze devices. If you have any question please ask. I will be happy to test requests.

3 Likes