Easy way to reconnect all devices instead of individually when switching Wi-Fi companies

My power went out 2 days in a row and then the internet was switched to new user names is there a easier way

Why did you change the SSID of your WiFi?

Change it back to what it was before.

2 Likes

What’s that?

As long as you setup your Wifi to use the same network name and password as before the devices should connect up normally.

2 Likes

WiFi routers are able to be configured. If it came from your internet provider and they installed it and own it, they may have the Administrator Login password locked. This is different than your WiFi login.

If it is your WiFi router, there is a way to login to the router directly as an administrator and change all the settings, either thru an internet browser or thru an app on your phone. If you don’t know what the settings do, don’t mess with them. They regulate your WiFi network.

One of the settings is the SSID (Service Set Identifier). It is the Name of your WiFi network that you see when you search for WiFi networks on your phone. You can name it anything you want (within set parameters).

If you rename your new WiFi router the same as the old one, with the same password, your Wyze gear will all log back in just as before.

2 Likes

To actually answer the OPs question:
There is no way to change your Wifi Settings through the Wyze app.
You have to “setup” all your devices again with the new details :frowning:

If you are able to change your the SSID & Password of your new router back to the previous one (the same you previously used to setup the Wyze devices), this will work too.

3 Likes

I had to rewire my router and modem today, and unplugged them both for about 5-10 minutes. When I reconnected, all my Wyze devices were not able to reconnect. The network name and password stayed the same.

This has happened a few times over the past two years with blackouts/brown outs. For our house at least, it seems like our devices cannot reconnect to the same network with same credentials after the router goes through a power cycle. This is very annoying, as now I have to delete all my 10+ devices and re-add them to the wyze app and my network manually.

If anyone knows of a better way to do this that I am missing, I am all ears and very eager to hear it. If not, these products are getting a big “meh” from me in the “smart” home category, and I probably won’t expand this brand in my home anymore.

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @kwahlquist! :raising_hand_man:

Do not delete your devices from the app.

Even if you do have to do a setup on the cams to get them back online, do not delete them from the app. When you do a new setup on a cam that is already in the app, all the settings and video history on the server will be saved and reapplied to that cam. If you delete the cam from the app, all that will be lost.

When the internet and the router come back online and stabilize, does your phone automatically reconnect via the same WiFi SSID and Password? To which band?

Do any other devices fail to log back into the router 2.4GHz band?

Have you looked into the router settings to be sure that the 2.4GHz network band is operational and not reset or off in the router after it reboots?

What other devices are operating on the 2.4GHz network band that you can confirm are logging back into that band with the previous credentials?

Are you operating a Single SSID multi-band network or seperate SSID for each band?

After the network comes back online and the 2.4GHz band is confirmed as active with the previous SSID and PW, do you power cycle each of the cams individually leaving them off for at least 30s before turning them back on?