Duress Code (PIN) Feature

I first posted this over on Reddit and was told about the “Roadmap” and “Wishlist” area, so here I am! I’m going to put in what I wrote over there:

My wife in the past experienced a jacked up home invasion that they told her to disarm the “Home mode” once it was was apparent it was actually I’ve by entering her PIN. I know some services offer an ability to enter a completely different PIN that would disable the alarm, so to speak, but would still call in a response / access to the assigned cameras.

Yes this definitely an edge case but I can’t imagine it would be too hard to code in - any support on this?

MOD NOTES: Title modified to differentiate from similar request and to enhance search clarity. Related request for verbal duress code can be found here: Home Monitoring - Alternate Danger passphrase (verbal duress code) for Noonlight

Don’t forget to vote on your own wishlist item once it’s live!

Also, it is on the Wyze radar.

https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053400211-Does-Wyze-Home-Monitoring-support-Duress-PIN-

6 Likes

I’d like to see this too.

3 Likes

Can we get a duress code feature for the home monitoring system? It would be helpful if I’m forced by an intruder to disable the alarm, triggering an automatic call to police.

2 Likes

Agreed! I’ve had this feature on several home alarm monitoring systems in the past, and it is very much needed.

1 Like

I also have used this requested-feature on another system. The duress PIN triggers a silent alarm.

Allowing anyone, even kids, to comply with demands while letting authorities know they need help immediately. Would be a great addition!

Agreed! Both a duress pin & a duress code word in the event the alarm is going off and Noonlight calls. We need to be able to give them a warning word so they act calm and disable the alarm while silently dispatching police.

I had my alarm accidentally activated. I got a text from the service stating that since I enter the code to deactivate the alarm, they cancelled the alarm. All this without actually speaking to me. This is a problem. Imagine if I had a breaking and the alarm is set. I’m forced to turn off the alarm at gunpoint. So Noonlight will cancel the alarm and no help is sent. But I’m still in danger. I would suggest that even if the code is entered, they need to physically talk to someone in the house. And if the wrong code is given, police would still be dispatched even thought the code was entered, because more than likely, it was entered under duress. The current policy puts peoples lives in danger. I am seriously considering changing monitoring service because of this. My family could have been in harms way and your service would have not protected us.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for Home Monitoring - Alternate Danger passphrase (verbal duress code) for Noonlight.

Home monitoring - entering pin if under duress

One important feature missing from the home monitoring service is the ability to notify Noonlight that you are entering the pin to silence the alarm but are doing so under duress such as a home invasion robbery. One way this can be achieved is by adding a number like 9 or 0 at the end of your regular pin number.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for Home Monitoring - Alternate Danger passphrase (verbal duress code) for Noonlight.

Why does WYZE not implement a duress code / PIN? Critically needed

A duress code / pin is a critical feature of any refined and reliable home security system, If someone breaks in or follows you into your home and forces you to disable your alarm without this feature you will have no help on the way. Without this feature effectively your whole home security system is rendered useless if someone forces you to turn off your alarm. And without it you can’t simply put in the wrong pin to alert the dispatch to send the police since the intruder will know you have alerted the police and could then harm you. A duress code / pin allows you to enter an alternate pin or use an alternate code word that still turns the alarm off but silently notifies dispatch to send the police. It’s an absolutely vital feature and I don’t understand why WYZE will not implement it on their security system? and the upvoting system is not a good indicator of peoples demand for this feature as the vast majority of WYZE security owners don’t use these forums.

WYZE support can you at least explain please why you choose not to implement this critical life saving feature?

thank you

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this Wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for Home Monitoring - Alternate Danger passphrase (verbal duress code) for Noonlight.

THIS ! THIS !

Is an ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT.

No “security” system doesn’t have this…

1 Like