Dropped wifi after one day, now won't recognize 2.5 network at all

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

First of all, it’s 2.4 GHz, not 2.5g.
Any 2.4 GHz access point should be able to be used by Wyze products. The important part is that you must be connecting on 2.4 GHz with your phone when you are setting up the cameras (only an issue if you have a dual band access point).
BTW, I have never seen a “not compatible” list.

1 Like

Thanks for being so pedantic and of absolutely zero help. The Wyze app itself is showing 2.5 and 5, I didn’t just pull that out of my rear. And they are both listed in the “not compatible” list within the app, which I assure you exists. No worries though, I’ve already decided to return this tiny piece of garbage and pay a little more for something that works. I should have trusted my instinct when I saw 147 refurbished units on the shelf and 3 factory new.

Just because someone named the broadcast id of the WiFi as Gates 2.5GHz does not mean it is on 2.5 GHz.

The US WiFi bands are 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz

I could name them blah-blah10GHz but the actual frequency remains what is assigned being 2.4 or 5GHz

Good luck on the next brand of garbage-cam you buy…LOL

By the way one of my Wyze v3 cams did the same thing, turned out to be a WiFi signal issue which adding more coverage to my Mesh-WiFi resolved.

1 Like

I believe the network may have been named with 2.5 by mistake. As others have mentioned, 2.5 GHz is not a band widely used. Is it possible that the 2.5 network is a 5Ghz or other network band besides 2.4, making it incompatible with all Wyze cameras?

Edit:
I looked up some information on the 2.5 GHz band and found that it is real, but it is not widely used. Here’s an article that talks about it:
https://www.windtalker.com/solutions/2_5-ghz?utm_term=2.5%20ghz&utm_campaign=2.5+GHz+search&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&hsa_acc=6329253425&hsa_cam=11945642867&hsa_grp=114350939663&hsa_ad=488867706371&hsa_src=g&hsa_tgt=kwd-927545534307&hsa_kw=2.5%20ghz&hsa_mt=b&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3&gclid=Cj0KCQjwktKFBhCkARIsAJeDT0h8Ivrx_kDDXayaanLIz0AuHG0b0HpeNuhMwgyTHS0rtUjiLJqAmH4aAhCcEALw_wcB

The problem is that our cell phones, laptops, and other Wi-Fi enabled devices can’t simply access this new spectrum. It requires special equipment that can tap into the 2.5 GHz band and convert it to accessible, usable broadband.

Wyze devices most likely don’t have this capability.

2 Likes