Downloading CMC/Plus Video Stolen Camera, Truncated

A camera was stolen and the video exists on wyze servers but I am unable to download it. The video ended several days ago but it still shows “Live”. I am unable to download the video entirely from Wyze servers. I’ve found that I can select the download button and it says it saves to album, but it does not exist when I look in the albums. I am able to share the video to my Google drive and view it on another device but it truncates the video and leaves off the last bit.

I’ve tried to use a screen recorder but only get video, no audio.

I need to download the whole video before it goes away permanently. So far I’ve only been able to use another device to record the video screen on my phone.

Does anyone have any advice? I assume that the reason it truncates the video is because it was unplugged while recording and still shows “Live”.

Edit: I have a CMC/CamPlus license for this device and the video is stored as an event on Wyze’s servers. I’m able to share the video to local storage but it truncates the last bit of video, and the last bit is important. I still want to know if it’s possible to remedy this, or if this is what is to be expected in this situation. I have contacted wyze support with the exact information above provided to them.

Lots to unpack here.

First, is the clip that you want viewable as an event on the cloud server? The camera uploads video in blocks, where the end of a block is defined as one of: a) motion ceases, b) 12-seconds or c) 1-minute. If you don’t have a CMC/CamPlus licences, then you’re limited to b). If someone unplugged the camera before a), b) or c) then you’ll be missing that block.

It sounds as if you already have more evidence than one could reasonably expect. I don’t know how to fix the download problem. (You should probably open an urgent support ticket.) But if you put the playback full screen with volume up and record in good lighting from ANY decent phone or camera (as you’ve already tried) I would think you’d be able to capture the SD or HD quality of the original recording…

I have a CMC/CamPlus license for this device and the video is stored as an event on Wyze’s servers. I’m able to share the video to local storage but it truncates the last bit of video, and the last bit is important. I still want to know if it’s possible to remedy this, or if this is what is to be expected in this situation. I have contacted wyze support with the exact information above provided to them.

I still want to know if it’s possible to remedy this, or if this is what is to be expected in this situation. I have contacted wyze support with the exact information above provided to them. The recordings that I have will suffice, however I prefer to have the original file in its entirety. This isn’t much to ask, and will influence the decision about whether to continue the CMC/Cam Plus subscription or to drop it.

Just to clarify, the part you need can be viewed when you play the event, but if you save it to the album you’re missing a trailing piece of video?

It seems if download is impossible, recording is the only way out. What screen recorder did you use to get a muted file? I know some tools don’t support grabing audio from non-mic devices. I’ve used OBS and RecMaster screen recorders previously for some other screencasting things, maybe you can give them a try. Good luck!