Doorbell should ring on my phone

Thank you for this update. Are there any plans in place top create a door lock for inside bedroom doors (i.e. not deadbolts)?

Can’t wait for this to be implemented. The doorbell notifications needs to stand put from everything else.

Hello everyone,

This is Arthur from Wyze. I’m the product manager for Wyze Video Doorbell. We have a new doorbell feature ready for testing: VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol).

Currently, when someone uses the doorbell, a push notification appears on your phone. With VoIP activated, it would become a “phone call” so that you can answer it more easily. It is a very powerful feature, but it can be intrusive when set wrong. Therefore, we want volunteers to help test on its settings and performance. To test this, you will need a Wyze Video Doorbell and the most up-to-date version of the Wyze beta app. If you are interested in testing, please make sure you have at least v2.24 beta app:

• Android 2.24.13, or

• iOS: 2.24.21 (6)

If you need to join the Wyze beta program, you can find information about it here:

https://www.wyze.com/become-a-beta-tester/

If you fit these qualifications and would like to join the test team, please fill in the email address you use for logging into your Wyze account in the following link. This is required for giving your account testing permissions and to give us the ability to send you instructions. Detailed instructions and the function will be released to you soon.

https://forms.gle/Xc1ausL1TK2JBPXq7

Thank you.

Arthur.

5 Likes

Thanks Arthur. Since I consider this to be a critical feature I added myself to the doorbell beta group. Unfortunately the message I received is that I will be notified when the beta release becomes available. So can I assume that no beta software with this function is available yet?
Any idea of when that will happen?
If it is going to be a while I will go back to my Nest Hello Doorbell (wired) which has always had that functionality.

The ringing was promised to be available in early June, then early July, then early August. Now is already mid September. Not sure anymore if this is going to happen.

Hello @bobNYC and @ask3538
The VoIP call feature is now under private beta testing.
Once enabled, a “phone call” will be made to your phone when someone pressed the doorbell, instead of sending a push notification.
The function itself is ready, but we need to do a lot more works to optimize its design elements, permission control, privacy settings and overall user experience.
If you are interested to help test the feature and okay with limited optimization, please send me a private message with your Wyze account email. I will add you to the program and send you the instructions on how to activate the function.
Sorry about the delay in official release.
Best Regards,
Arthur.

5 Likes

I was so excited about the doorbell, had ordered day 1. Installed in Feb maybe? It’s been useless as a video doorbellwhen not at home… Despite the tiny pop up notification, again, that gets clustered with the million other identical Wyze push notifications,

I only notice that my doorbell was pressed long after the person has left. I can’t keep my eyes glued to my phone all day waiting for that notification.

And yes, I did an alexa routine, but A) when it does work, it isn’t instant and is delayed a fair bit of time. And I have 1G fiber internet with Asus zen wifi 6 mesh router like 4ft from doorbell and echo device. And B) sometimes the routine just plain doesn’t work.

I have no idea why this hasn’t been implemented.

1 Like

I sent a PM to the post above me, is there anything else I need to doM

That should be it. He will get back to you and give you access soon.

1 Like

Cant send private message, but would like to test voip feature. Also, since ios15 update no doorbell notifications come through.

Hi @ArthurHz

I can’t seem to find a way to send you a private message but I’m already a beta tester, have everything updated, and would love to have access to the voip calling feature.

How can we get in direct contact?

Thanks,

Brad

Can someone up my trust level so I can send a PM?

2 Likes

Your trust level should allow you to send a PM.

2 Likes

Could I be added to the list? Unsure how to private message you

Welcome to the community @carolehventura

To private message someone, click ont heir Avatar and then select Message. Image shown below:

Thanks for reply, but still don’t see that. The post above me mentions something about trust level? Literally just created this forum acct. So could that be why?

P.s. this is Carole’s son replying on her behalf

It could be, I am a community member who helps out when possible. If you wait a bit, your trust level should go up. I wills search to see what level you have to be at.

Trust levels are automaticly upped when you reach certain milestones in participation (reads, posts, replies etc). With each trust level comes the ability to post more, send a private messages, like more posts etc. Here is the generic trust level info about the software this forums uses. I’m unsure if our benchmarks are the same, but this is a good general idea as to what comes with each new truss level and what is needed to reach the next level.

But to assist I’ll tag in the @Mods and see if they can assist in this instance.

3 Likes

Welcome carolehventura. I have increased your forum trust level allowing you to PM.

2 Likes