Doorbell should ring on my phone

Continuing the discussion from Doorbell should ring on my phone:

This seems like something it should have been put out in the first part of the door bell app. with the doorbell I mean this is what everybody wants if somebody is coming that close to your house you want to know about it.

2 Likes

I also feel that when someone presses the doorbell it should come up like a phone call and it should come up immediately even if it’s audio only to start then video when everything catches up

At the moment with all the other notifications (including other Wyze notifications) the doorbell needs to be prioritised in someway

12 Likes

Absolutely! I wish I knew if this is being worked on at WYZE?

5 Likes

I have to agree here. I’ve almost gone back to my arlo several times because I assumed this was how all video doorbells worked. Anyone who has anything more than the doorbell in their wyze app will very quickly start ignoring most notifications and the doorbell notification just isn’t noticeable enough. Someone ringing your doorbell requires immediate response not “oh I’ll look at all my wyze notifications in an hour and then ‘crap, I missed a package because of a lack of planning on the part of my doorbell manufacturer’”

5 Likes

I’m thinking of removing the Wyze doorbell and replacing it with my old Ring Doorbell if there’s no plan provided by Wyze to fix this problem very soon!

4 Likes

If you use a Wyze Video Doorbell or a Wyze Lock, please fill out this survey!

3 Likes

I think everyone up above has told you exactly what to do. Add my voice to the cacophony requesting the function. I just took your survey, and said the exact same thing. Don’t need a survey, just read the forum. Either you want to compete or you don’t. Cheers.

2 Likes

You must not have many other Wyze devices…

To add to what everyone else has said, could the Doorbell call my via Google Duo?

And SAY that it’s calling me to the person standing there, so they know to wait? Or just have it start ringing?

This way I could answer on all my Duo capable devices, not just my phone.

I missed a Door Dash delivery today. :confused:

Could have scored some free food, it wasn’t mine lol

1 Like

I’m surprised more people aren’t requesting this. This is a must!!!

7 Likes

This is a must feature! I’m thinking about replacing my Wyze doorbell with Ring. It makes it useless when I’m not notified properly when someone is calling at the door!

7 Likes

We need an estimated date for solving this problem. Without that I will replace with RING Doorbell as well.

2 Likes

Have you taken the survey to share your opinion? If not, do it.

Hi all, the ring feature (aka WiFi-calling) WILL be available in early June! If you are in the alpha/beta tester group, mid-May.

6 Likes

Ringing on the phone is a must. About to return and quit buying wyze products after buying nearly all there products. Seems like starting to use the name on crap products

3 Likes

Yeah not having it ring the phone seems like a rookie mistake.

3 Likes

I would love to see this as a Wyze function but I have a workaround. I use the ProfReminder app for my Android phone. I was able to create a profile for the Wyze app that matches the message. It has special notifications when the trigger is matched.

4 Likes

Thanks for the post! I’ll have to check into that. I have a amazon routine along with my Wyze notifications that blows up my phone with stuff when someone pressed the button.

Having the option to be notified ONLY when the button is pushed is absolutely necessary, IMO. I get way too many notifications when family members go in and out the door, a thousand times a day.
For this reason I completely disabled notifications, so basically this is only just another security camera, but more expensive.
I am really hoping that this will get fixed, because it is a problem and an oversight. Please fix it. Thank you.

2 Likes

Here! Here! Exactly the problem. You have captured it perfectly.

I’d like to see the option for your phone to actually ring when someone rings your Wyze doorbell. Often times I miss when someone rings my doorbell because the notification on my phone comes in just like any other notification and therefore is often subconsciously ignored. I’d also like the ability to customize my Wyze notification rings so I can know the difference from an (unimportant) Facebook notification to an (often important) Wyze notification

3 Likes