Doorbell qr code fail

Pls merge if anything, i just received my doorbell yesterday and I’m now trying to finish scanning the qr code and it will not read it. Has anyone found the solution/fix for this. I have tried power resetting from panel and device as well to no luck.

Door bell not scanning QR Code

Yes I ran into that some time after, i posted there. Nothing is helping

I would recommend calling Wyze support at 1 (844) 999-3226, they are available for support between 5am-6pm PT Monday through Friday, and 8am-4pm PT Saturday.

Wyze is aware of the issue and has a fix coming in the next few days, it was posted in another thread.

2 Likes

How would they update it for those who aren’t fully set up for people like me.

Edit: It finally got through, love the brand and product, but they shouldn’t ship out if they are not working correctly right away. Just imagine if they are picked up at stores when available, people would be returning them left and right.

2 Likes

If you are trying to scan it at night that can be an issue. If it’s day time wipe the lens clean with a micro fiber towel. If that’s good then see if you can hold the QR code upside down. That seems to do the trick.

1 Like

Thanks for the post. After last night’s failed installation. This daylight installation suggestion works. Also, turn up the phone’s brightness on the QR code helps too.

If at night under a porch light,
Turn the brightness of your phone’s screen DOWN almost all the way. This is what finally worked for me.

If at night under a porch light,
Turn the brightness of your phone’s screen DOWN almost all the way. This is what finally worked for me.