Doorbell- option to send notification ONLY when the button is pushed

Do you get any Wyze notifications now? From any device? Does the bell on the home page have a Zzz on it?

bell is solid, not z’d out. the app icon shows the number of alerts and i get dings, but nothing specific for a doorbell button push. shouldn’t the app pop open when that happens? thanks

Are one of those notifications “someone is calling you at doorbell” or something similar? You click the notification that then brings you to the doorbell live view. With an option to answer the doorbell.?

i do not get that notification. was wondering

Do you get any popup notifications from the Wyze app, other than the bubble numbers? Have you ever gotten a doorbell press notif? They should look like this (this is an Android notification):

No.

What app version are you using? What type of device? What are your app notification settings in your os? I think maybe your device is blocking popup notifications, based on your Wyze app showing notifications numbers, but not popup notifications.

android phone v9; wyze app v2.20.21. thanks for the suggestion. i did check and changed to allow wzye to show lock screen notifications.

Did you verify that notifications are enabled in the app settings by long pressing the icon, then app info, notifications?

i dont have the beta app so my options are a little different, but i do have notifications set to on.

Now press your doorbell and see what happens. :slight_smile:

the chime rang but nothing else. no notifications at all. i just reached out the door and hit the doorbell, so the camera didn’t activate.

i did just enable running in the background, that had been turned off. see if that makes any difference.

I think notifications are broken, Wyze really needs to create different notifications for different event types… Doorbell events should be seperated from Motion and AI Notification events, so we can set Motion events to be silent and set Doorbell events to be loud/urgent.

As it is right now, I don’t even get notifications for Doorbell pushes most of the time on my phone and many of the motion events don’t get sent and only seem to appear when I filter to a particular camera in the events viewer… It’s quite frustrating, hopefully Wyze can improve this.

It’s really too bad they license from xnor.ai or acquire xnor.ai before Apple bought them, because on-device person detection was really the way to go for handling events at scale.

Same problem here.

1 Like

What are your notification settings? App version you are using? Any other relevant settings or info that you can provide will help as well. Here is a recent convo i had about this issue with a resolution.

I suggest that the button push should produce a “Chime” on our phones so as to completely distinguish a button push from other notifications.

3 Likes

That requires a different type of notification message than “General” or “Wyze Message”… once a “Doorbell” notification type exists customers can change it any sound they want or none at all.

Currently, we don’t get that choice… it baffles me why Wyze doesn’t implement it, particularly when the requirement is obvious and the solution is straightforward.

Video doorbell push notification only when some rings the bell. Not for motion detection

It would be great if the app sends push notification only when someone rings the bell. Not for all other types of detection. Being the doorbell facing the street, notifications for all events is too much. I would like events recorded for all motion and AI, but not get notified each time.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @mohan.rajesh

Have you tried using the VoIP option? If you go to Account > Notifications > Push Notifications > Voice Over IP

Select the first 2 options, then when someone presses the doorbell you will get a phone call with a popup image to tap and speak with individuals. You can try this with notifications on, and then turn off Notifications on the Doorbell and try it again. I believe it will continue to work.