Doorbell now offline since last night's maintenance

Doorbell is now offline since the maintenance window (maybe just a coincidence). It is just flashing the blue light and can’t connect to the network. I have turned off the power at the breaker to try to troubleshoot. Everything else Wyze on my network is functioning properly. It was working fine for the past two days since initial installation. Haven’t had time to pull it off in the freezing weather and do a full reset. Not very confident in the somewhat flimsy wedge mount to be constantly pushing on it to release the doorbell to keep messing with it in freezing weather.

Deleted the camera from the app and did the reset button on the back of the device and went through the set up process again. It connected and was working for a few minutes but now the app can’t connect to it again with the solid blue light on the camera. Also, the chime won’t connect to it now no matter how many times I unplug it and press the button to get the 3 blue light flashes. It just times out.

1 Like

Apparently magic has happened and it is now functioning. We’ll see for how long. Now to see if I can add the chime back…

The camera decided it doesn’t want to work anymore again. The chime still won’t pair either. #awesomeness

Chime decided to pair after 40th’ish attempt. Camera has been working better, sporadically, but better. It’s so lonely in this thread. I feel like I’m talking to myself which on the Internet is odd.

1 Like

I gave up on Wyze camera and got a Nest doorbell
Works flawlessly and on 5G

How do you remove the doorbell after it is on? The catches is behind it.

Mine has the wedge installed. I read on another thread to use one hand to hold light downward pressure on the top of the wedge and use the other hand to gently push up from the bottom of the camera. It slid up easily for me using that technique. Didn’t seem stuck on the catch. I don’t think the catch is a hard lock type that prevents removal but a simple means to keep it lightly locked into place.

For the cost of the Wyze doorbell, I’m willing to try to weather the initial release issues. For whatever reason, it is now responding properly. I feel like they had authentication issues yesterday as the app would not get past step 1/3 when trying to connect to the camera but I could verify via my network gear that it was connected to my wireless after I performed the reset. Not sure how it will be for the long haul but the experiment continues since I didn’t smash it yesterday.

I think i am in the same boat. App shows strong signal and I can verify signal strength with other devices. Yet the doorbell constantly drops off the network, or won’t get past step 3: authentication when trying to connect.

I just installed last night, so i’m going to give it a little more time before its removed, but doesn’t do much good if it won’t connect.

For whatever reason after my window of dismay noted above, it’s been working consistently for the last day or so…

1 Like

Wanted to show a friend the new doorbell camera and it’s offline AGAIN. Frustrating.

Yeah, mine will not get past step 3 of 3 when viewing in the app. There is also a lagging delay between hitting the button on the doorbell and any sort of notification. It would appear the doorbell is simply not communicating.

Mine is back to working for the last 24 hours or so. But it’s only “wyze consistent,” a new term that means when it feels like it. Sometimes it connects and works beautifully. Stays connected while viewing and get notifications. Other times it connects and the video stream slowly loses kb/s until the stream is at 0 and freezes and notifications stop coming. My daughter was literally on the porch for 5 minutes placing birthday balloons and never got a single motion notification even though they are all turned on. I’ve found turning video quality to SD has helped with consistency of being able to view the stream despite having multiple bars signal strength in the device info of the app and a good reported wireless connection on my ubiquiti AP dashboard. #wyzeconsistent

Wish I was having more progress here. This sentiment seems to resemble the same issues I am having.

But it’s only “wyze consistent,” a new term that means when it feels like it. Sometimes it connects and works beautifully. Stays connected while viewing and get notifications. Other times it connects and the video stream slowly loses kb/s until the stream is at 0 and freezes and notifications stop coming

After struggling for a few days to get the doorbell to stay connected, It seemed I was making progress. Yesterday I walked out to a flashing yellow doorbell that doesn’t seem to want to connect again. I am consistently getting between 70-95 mbps up and 36-50 mbps down on the 2.4 ghz network testing the network right next to the doorbell, so I don’t believe its a speed issue on my network. The highest I have ever seen the kb/s go on the viewing screen was ~25, and it would simply dwindle down to 0 kb/s before freezing.

I’m starting to wonder if it a hardware issue with the physical antenna in the doorbell. Right now it’s a useless piece of plastic attached to my door frame.

Have you tried clearing the Cache? Start the App, go to Account, Select App Seatings, then click on the Clear Cache link.

After doing that, simply close the app and then open it again. I recently noticed that doing this clears some of these issues. Something simple to try.

Have you tried clearing the Cache?

I have with no luck. At this point, the only way to get the doorbell to work is to do a factory reset and add the device again. This will “potentially” work after a few resets, at which point it will drop offline within a day.

Even right now I have a solid blue light on the doorbell, but am receiving no motion or doorbell notifications, and cannot connect through the app.

I don’t even want to type it so I don’t jinx myself but mine has been working almost without issue for the last week. I haven’t made any changes, it just started working more consistently. The only issue now is that when it records motion or a person rings the bell, only about 33.333% of the time I can retrieve the video if I don’t see it live. I get an error “Error (code 06): Failed to fetch the video from the cloud” which is quite frustrating since what’s the point of having a camera if you can’t see the video?

FYI, same connectivity issues here on a new install from yesterday. Worked great for about 6 hours, now it’s losing connectivity constantly, and when I can get the camera to connect Live, bit rates are all over the place until it finally drops. It’s less than 20 feet from the wifi AP, signal strength is max, 2.4 GHz network. Blue light is solid on at the unit all the time. If I go outside and trigger the motion sensing, it detects it and records a video, and that also usually brings the Live video back to life for a short period.

There’s nothing wrong with my power supply (tested 24 VAC), my wifi, and the camera is clearly functional. Signal strength is at a max, so the unit’s antenna is working fine. I have two other Wyze cams at this house, both work fine with zero issues on the same network. Looks like another case where we just wait until there’s a firmware update to fix the problems.

This isn’t my first early Wyze product, I’m used to the idea that we’re the beta testers. I worked in the semiconductor industry as an engineer for 30 years, gotta say that if we released a new product with as many major functional bugs as Wyze seems to think is acceptable, we’d have been OOB quickly. I don’t mind putting up with it, as they do seem to eventually fix the problems, but it spells trouble for the company in the long run.

Worked great for about 6 hours, now it’s losing connectivity constantly, and when I can get the camera to connect Live, bit rates are all over the place until it finally drops. It’s less than 20 feet from the wifi AP, signal strength is max, 2.4 GHz network. Blue light is solid on at the unit all the time. If I go outside and trigger the motion sensing, it detects it and records a video, and that also usually brings the Live video back to life for a short period.

This is all very similar to what I am experiencing. For the past few days I have had a solid blue light and it does record motion. Unfortunately I do not get any notifications on my phone for motion or if someone rings this doorbell, and have no ability to see/talk to the person. As for replaying events, I can view them about 50% of the time. I just retested speeds at the doorbell on two seperate devices and I have 90.2/45.4 Mbps and 87.6/46.1 Mbps. I don’t believe signal is the issue here.