Doorbell & IFTTT

I have a Wyze Doorbell (among other items) and want to connect my ewelink (Sonoff switch) gate opener to activate the gate between the hours of 8am and 8pm. Can this be done? I don’t see any connection capabilities between doorbell and ifttt… ?? What am I missing?

Im looking for similar functionality via IFTTT or alexa routines.

I want to turn on the porch light when the doorbell detects motion. So far it doesn’t look like there is any integrations to anything yet?

Same here. Would love to see some doorbell integration with IFTT and/or google home similar to the other Wyze products

Another vote for Wyse doorbell support in the Wyse IFTTT app. The apps notifications are great but I’d like email and some other integrations.

Plus another one for requesting Supoort for this. Need to trigger actions in IFTTT with doorbell motion detection and even doorbell being pressed.

Yup… That would be great if you could put the doorbell notification and the doorbell’s motion detection notification into the Wyze IFTTT app. Current phone notifications sound like every other app notification and it would be good to either have options on the phone’s notification sound (say, to sound like a doorbell) or have the option for IFTTT connection to the Google Home app to announce “Someone is at the door”. It would go a long way to making the doorbell more functional and easy to use.

I do this with WYZE Native Rules using WYZE Doorbell and WYZE Smart Bulb.
When Doorbell Detects person then Turn on Bulb w/ 100% brightness
Turn off if no motion for 15 minutes

Im using a lot more then just a single bulb.i already have existing products and my outside lamps can not take a wyze bulb. I have other complete home automation tools that i am trying to integrate with. (Zwave and zigbee using Hubitat) Light bulbs, alarms going active and inactive, rich notifications, garage doors, activating other cameras to record, etc. etc.

The doorbell has zero value for home automation currently.

+1 for Wyze Doorbell>IFTTT integration. I just replaced my recently deceased 5-year old Ring video doorbell with the Wyze doorbell today and was really quite shocked to find out that this integration doesn’t already exist. The video cameras (I have 6) are integrated with IFTTT, so it stands to reason that it shouldn’t be too tough to add it for the doorbell.

Like others here I’m trying to integrate doorbell events with my Hubitat C-7, which I had with the Ring doorbell through IFTTT. I certainly hope Wyze gets it added for the doorbell (motion detected and button pressed) added soon.

Agreed. Hope this is a fast follow. Having all other devices work with IFTTT but lacking doorbell is a miss.

+1 for IFTTT Doorbell integration

Anybody add this to the wishlist yet so we can vote on it?

I just checked IFTTT and it looks like it’s been quietly updated :eyes:, doorbell pushed is now a trigger!

2 Likes

Doorbell as a motion detector is available as well.

1 Like

Didn’t see that one last night, nice!

I thought I replied to this post, but I haven’t seen it, so here goes again.

I have successfully added the Doorbell being pushed to opening the gate using a Sonoff (eWelink) switch, including only having the opening happen during the hours of 8am and 8pm.

The code is as follows:

//Allow Doorbell to Trigger Front Gate between the hours of 8am and 8pm
let currentHour = Meta.currentUserTime.hour();
if (currentHour >= 8 && currentHour < 20 ) { }
else
{ Ewelink.plugAction.skip() }

how did you get it to trigger with the wyze doorbell ?

I used IFTTT (IF This Then That) software on the internet and an app to connect the ring of the doorbell to trigger the switch to open the gate.

I was using the IFTTT trigger but then realized it was too slow and took almost a minute to trigger after the doorbell was pushed, am now using home assistant + alexa to do this.

davidnestico2001, that’s the latency from your internet (mines about 3 seconds)… nothing to do with IFTTT or Wyze. Just an FYI in case someone is watching this thread thinking otherwise.