I received and installed the wyze doorbell. I have two other wyze cam v2.
The doorbell is 1.5 m away (below) from one the of the wyzecams
Some observations of the doorbell:
- Logistics: I live in Canada and purchased it the first or second day it was out for preorder. I used one of the mail forwarders and got it this week
- Freebies: I got a complimentary 2 week trial of cam plus (I already have cam plus for another camera).
- Installation: was relatively uneventful. I did find that attaching the wires to the cam so they go up as opposed to down was more convenient for mounting.
- View/angle: I used the wedge since the doorbell is in the side of the door trim. The trim is decent and does a good job. It does catches my own door (say 10% of view) but reasonable and I can see what is in my doorstep. Note there is a bit of distortion in the view (thing that are close)
- Setup App: Mostly ok but the chime part didn’t happen automatically and I have to fiddle with that to make it work
- Chime: A little quite IMO. UPDATE: it is good actually, set an adequate time, increase volume and ensure you have removed the transparent sticker from the speaker
- Detection: It looks it only detects /saves when somebody is right in front ~1.5m away from the doorbell. Anything beyond is not capture even though it is in view. So those other events are not saved. Note that there are no settings to set detection area
- Night vision: seem to be similar to other wyze cam v2. I was hopping it would be (superior) like cam v3. It does illuminates (turn light on) if somebody if somebody is right in front of the doorbell and you see better/colors in that situation.
- Connectivity: I noticed that I got “Failed to upload error on a video.” earlier. It seem to have a weaker signal than the wyze cam that is right above. I use the tinycam app to see the streams on TV and this indicates wyzecams consistently has 0% dropped frames and wyze doorbell has consistently 60-75% dropped frames. On the good side, yes doorbell works on tinycam
Anybody else has feedback on the connectivity of the doorbell?