Doorbell Camera on Chrome sideways

I just pulled up my doorbell camera video on my laptop, using Chrome and the video is sideways. Other supported cameras seem to work fine.

Sadly, this is by “Design” with the Wyze Video Doorbell. (I don’t know if that is the case with the Wyze Video Doorbell Pro)

The Sideways issue occurs with the Video Doorbell when displayed on a Amazon Echo Show as well. (I don’t know if that is the case with the Wyze Video Doorbell Pro)

Perhaps someone can let us know if Sideways is the same Design in the case with the Wyze Video Doorbell Pro (if yours is not the Pro)

SJ

All little more info from discussions in the past. While it says Echo show same concept for Google.

The Wyze Video Doorbell Pro shows the proper orientation when viewed on Alexa and Google devices.

2 Likes

What does Amazon have to do with it? Are they using their AWS for storage?

Thanks!

Sue

Does the Wyze Video Doorbell Pro show the proper orientation on the Wyze Webview as well as on a Amazon Echo Show?

SJ

They do use AWS.

1 Like

I cannot get them to pull up at the moment to give you an answer that is not from memory. I haven’t used the web view much other than a couple early tests and I am just getting the loading wheel at this time.

Maybe @spamoni or @carverofchoice can get them to pull up in response to your question.

Thanks in advance

@nixhome2020

I just tested the VDB Pro on my Show Device and is shows as it should. Here is a picture of it:

The Wyze Webview is still in beta and not sure the new VDB Pro is supported. I will need to check and see. However, as you can see in the following image, it does recognize that there is a recording and it is displayed properly.

2 Likes

VDBPro won’t stream for me at all on the webview. It might be because I use it on battery, not wired, and Webview is not supposed to work with battery-operated devices.

I think I recall Wyze saying they were still working on fixing the Video Doorbell(s) to be compatible with webview. I don’t know if the pro will be or not since it is kind of a battery-operated device and they also said Battery operated devices would not be compatible.

Anyway, the VDBPro definitely streams in the correct orientation on Alexa Show and Google Hubs. I have done this many times and just checked them both again right now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.