Doorbell camera - image rotation

Got my pre-ordered doorbell cam over the weekend, I’m very happy to be part of the early adopters for this wyze doorbell camera, and it’s already come in very useful. One feature is that the camera image is oriented vertically, which means on a phone it looks great, fills the whole screen and matches the orientation of what I’m looking at.

The issues is that when the image gets sent to an Amazon Show device (Echo Show 8) it is rotated 90 degrees, I get to see my visitors standing on the wall as it were. I realize there’s a larger issue here than just rotating the image, because I want to keep it vertically oriented on my phone, but it needs to be horizontally oriented when being displayed on the show. I asked alexa to rotate the image, but she didn’t seem to be able to do that.

I’m wondering if others have encountered this yet, or if there is a fix on either end (wyze or alexa) to get the orientations correct?

9 Likes

they are aware of the issue, hopefully it’ll get fixed soon

3 Likes

Same problem with google chromecast
Also notifications are rotated
EDIT 3/5 after my wyze can trial expired the notifications started to show properly and not rotated. I still get rotated chromecast stream

1 Like

I have the same issue on both my Alexa and my apple watch. It does work fine on the phone.

Me too. This just anoys the hell out of me. Somebody suggested that I rotate the doorbell itself, But I don’t think that would work. Besides, if I did that I wouldn’t be able to see it properly on the app.