Doorbell Camera Alerts

I just installed my Doorbell Cam and have a question. I have rules set for home and away. Basically mute and unmute all alerts. When unmuted the doorbell alerts my phone, but when muted I can’t find a rule combination that allows the doorbell to alert my phone while everything else is muted. Anybody have this working and would care to share your rule setup? Running iOS 15.5.1 on iPhone 12 Pro max

Welcome to the forums! Is you away and home rule a “shortcut”? The mute and unmute actions are an account level action, so It mutes notifications from that point forward from all devices, or unmutes notifications for all devices. What other products do you have? What alert do you want to still occur from the doorbell when everything else is muted?

Yes, the home and away rules are shortcuts. What other products do I have? Almost a dozen cameras, scales, Wyze bands, Wyze watches, door sensors, motion detectors. When everything else is muted and someone presses the doorbell I want the notice on my phone to pop and say “there’s someone at the door, click here to see the video” or whatever the standard screen pop is.

[Mod Edit]

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

I just tested to make sure, and a doorbell press does not show up when the account level notifications are disabled (bell has a “Zzz” on it).

For me, if I wanted to do what you are aiming for, is make the following shortcuts.

I’d make the shortcuts control the motion detection settings for my groups of cameras. This only controls the motion detection. In each of those individual camera settings, I’d have push notifications “enabled”. So if I was in “Home”, I wouldn’t get notifs even though the notifs are enabled, because motion detection is disabled. No events, no notifications. Now if I had last hit the away shortcut, motion detection would be enabled and notifs would already be enabled, I’d get push notifications for the saved cloud events.

For the doorbell, you can do the same and have the notified enabled via the camera settings, and add this action to the short cuts above.

That would enable event videos to be saved to the cloud if you were in your shortcut “away” mode, and no event videos in your shortcut “home” mode. The doorbell press would be sent to your app regardless of the shortcut home or away status.

Disclaimer, the above has no event videos went home, and does when the away shortcut was last pressed. If you want event videos and notifications still from say outside when your home, you’d have to change the settings accordingly for the shortcut. The above is just to help you understand the process.

A cool long story long, but does it help you understand how to run shortcuts? And not have to have unneeded actions?

Makes sense. I will give it a shot today and report back.

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

Sounds good.

And to note, when you email in post replys, double check that your signature does not contain personal info. The post above had the mods remove it for you. It is still attached to this post. I have flagged for moderation to remove it, if you don’t edit it out first.

Works perfectly now. That’s what I needed, just a little guidance.

Thanks!

1 Like