Door/window open alert

It seems to me that ‘actions’ under ‘rules’ should include the ability to send a custom notification, perhaps using a unique sound. For example, Notify me if the garage door is (left) open after 9PM. Currently, we can only ‘turn on notifications’.
Another nice feature would be to repeat the notification, at say 3-minute intervals, if not acknowledge or cleared.

1 Like

Here is a wishlist item for custom notification sounds, please click on “vote” to have your voice heard:

As far as the repeat notifications, My cell keeps the notice up until i clear it…it wont continue to make noise, but it will be there as soon as i look at my phone - one other option that might help would be setting notification for every 3 min that it is open, that way it will continue to alert you until it is closed again.

1 Like

There’s another thread describing 3rd party Android apps that “read” the notification and can “announce”. If I remember correctly “Lightflow” is one of the apps. @Bam would know.

2 Likes

Is this the one?

3 Likes

@gemniii hello everyone :slight_smile: I was summoned and apparently im not quick enough. @steve4335 beat me to posting my own walk through. well done sir.

2 Likes

@Bam, lol, i happened to be reading the walk through you posted when this came up, purely luck :smiley:
Amazing job on those instructions!!! :+1::clap:

2 Likes

thank you. I do what I can. I figured with all the little things you have to do to set that up, a step by step picture by picture was needed. if I hadn’t been using lightflow for many years now I would’ve just thrown my phone and been done with it, that thing can get complicated at times.

2 Likes

From the times in the past I have used it I also noticed that one setting being wrong will foul up the whole thing.

1 Like

yes! Precisely. That’s why I actually had to use it for a couple days to make sure I had everything ironed out before I posted this walkthrough. I would hate to post something but didn’t work. I think my Maven title would be pulled right away LOL