Don't get notifications on my Galaxy S9

I really love the capabilities of my cameras but am not getting ANY push notifications on my phone. I want to set up a whole network of cameras but without receiving notifications it is really useless to me for security. I have tried every setting that I can find on the camera and on my phone settings. What am I missing??!!!

more than likely its just some simple setting ( as it usually is) please don’t take this as an insult. on your home screen on the app is the bell on the top turned on? that’s your main notification switch. you didn’t mention how long you’ve been a user or anything

3 Likes

Here’s some more detail on control of push notifications. There are three places to control push notifications:

1. Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both.

2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.

3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates. If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level. If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

I have tried every setting in the camera and my Galaxy S9…still no notifications. On my phone I have prioritized notifications from Wyze and marked them as urgent to even come through a DND. The only really strange thing that I have noticed is when I try to get into Detection Zones it is turned off and when I go into that selection the App locks up and I have to close everything on my phone to get back into Wyze. I just can’t figure this issue out. I really want to make this system work!!!

Thanks!!

Just signed into the App on my iPad and was able to turn on the Detection Zone setting and highlighted the entire frame. Maybe this will finally allow notifications to be pushed to my phone. IOS app did not lock up when I went into the Zone setting…maybe that’s a difference or issue with Android?

I’ll test it out tomorrow…

1 Like