Don't buy wyse!

I also have tiny cam, the video quality is bad because the stream isn’t rtsp or mpg, or even local. They need to have it on their website with 1080p available, period. Taking ai away is less features, however I didn’t know about the group feature, thank you. I’m not completely dissatisfied with the company but I’m not satisfied with the progress out of owning their products for 2 years. I should note I’ve installed and support professional nvr systems. The price point for excellence isn’t much higher than wyze.

2 Likes

It has happened to all 3 of mine and I see plenty of others with the same problem on here, so I’m not sure it would classify as a farce my friend.

5 Likes

My Wyze Cams do an excellent job warning me of lightning even faster than my paid version of Stormradar (168 “warnings” on June 5). Plus the bug detection is second to none.

I don’t understand why my Eufy Doorbell cam doesn’t detect these events. Perhaps I paid too much for it.

5 Likes

I am getting more and more disappointed in their cameras. Have 6 cameras so cheap compared to other systems. Glitching, sh@tty playback, etc.

I regret going with them.

4 Likes

I think Wyze has opened a window to the future where surveillance and security products are cheap, plentiful, and work well. That said, Wyze has not realized the “ideal” in bug-free products. I still cannot get the motion sensors to work as they should - and I have a lot of sensors and spent a lot of time trying to get them to work. Some products, like the cameras are “getting there” but like you said with reversals along the way. Wyze needs to first “eat their own dogfood” by requiring every employee to use every product and second, get into the field and see what issues and needs their customers are experiencing. Time will tell if Wyze is an innovator or just another brand placed on Chinese plastic.

6 Likes

Thank you both for these ideas! I’ve been experimenting with turning OFF “Battery Optimization” to allow better background operations with very mixed success. It seems to help sometimes, other times I still get the random ‘blooms’ of late notifications. About ready to try more extreme measures…

1 Like

If I had any issues with Wyze products, wyze immediately resolved or replaced the product. great company and products… and service

2 Likes

Unfortunately turning off Battery Optimization doesn’t cut it, disabling doze is really the only way.

2 Likes

I suspected that was too easy… Does disabling doze have a huge effect on battery life?

[NoDoz-vintag

2 Likes

I’m sure there is some minor effects, but I have not noticed any significant drop in battery life.

2 Likes

So this must be more phone dependent than Android version dependent? I haven’t really noticed this issue on Motorolas.

You lost me right there. The latest update has sooo many features that are accidentally found and in No Manual I can find.

The ability to swipe alerts left to right is brilliant in itself. The Timeline function for review is corrected and easily expandable and swipeable.

The Camera ( V2) is less than $30 and I got the bargain, not Wyze. I did. I knew going in that WYZE is NOT A SECURITY COMPANY and never claimed to be, you did. It’s a camera with hundreds of functions well worth more as there is no monthly fee and updates are only improvements…hah haaaa I got a DEAL !

Sure there’s a few ways that Wyze could have increased its profits by releasing their own version of an outdoor enclosure and cut off the millions made by 3rd party but next products came first and hindsight isn’t always 20/20 from any point you make.

When and If the Outdoor Cam does come out, hey I guess that’s great. I’m there, I wanted my cameras outdoors and I put them there all 11 of them and if they fail by my doing then it’s on me. No protection needed if common sense applies to location and if it or all cameras fail then it’s chump change to replace them.
I got the deal. It’s utterly amazing these cameras can be used and improved in unique ways and I feel your view is short sighted as to dollars spent to product performance.

If only Wyze would just explain somewhere the help features how to use all the rules for different scenarios they’d would need to even have forums but they do have forums and social media for answers but fully explaining functions and methods of use is my only minor complaint.

4 Likes

SO NOT TRUE - I have a box of dead bridges, sensors, cams - Wyze will NOT replace and they will NOT reply to my support emails.

2 Likes

They have been asking for the sensors back if they are having this issue

3 Likes

NOT TRUE - They have sent no reply to my last three emails. So don’t tell me about the “great” Wyze support - thats bull.

2 Likes

The statement I made is true, they are asking for the sensors back in the issue I linked. Nowhere did I mention “the ‘great’ Wyze support”, how great they are will depend on each individuals experience with them. I have only had to contact support one time over a year ago.

1 Like

I’ve only had issues with the pan cam; the other four WYZE cams have been AMAZING. The WYZE smart outlet is AMAZING. (Unlike the Simpli safe cams- now THOSE SUCK!)

1 Like

This post was incendiary enough to inspire me to add a counter viewpoint. I’m only a customer, not a Wyze employee.

There have been bumps in the road as many have commented but every device I’ve bought (9 cameras, 2 bridges, dozen contact sensors, 2 motion sensors are all still working. The original camera seems to need a reboot every so often but not been a problem with any of the ones purchased later. I even stretch the intended use in that all of my cameras are mounted outside though well protected from direct contact with the elements by putting them in 3d-printed cases and under the eaves. I’ve had batteries die in contact and motion sensors. No bricking. There are too many people that have reported problems that they are real but not any of my devices have died in the years I’ve had them.

5 Likes

I love all 10 of my Wyze cameras.

4 Likes

Hkvision is insecure. Everything is Chinese made.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.