Don't buy wyse!

well…this thread really took a turn :smiley:

1 Like

FYI there is a way to set and hold a fixed position on a Pan. I have it setup on mine. You use a single waypoint only. However, I agree I would love to see it be better. Also, I have all mine with RTSP and wish is was part of the main build too. But what other company would go out of their way to make it work for us even though it can not be part of the main builds because they are saving us so much money. They never have been a security camera company only. You just seem like you are in a bad mood. I for one an happy with the 10 cheap cameral I have and all the people who I turned onto these cams are happy in general too. That is not to say all has been perfect, I and my brother-in-law have both had one replaced. But again these are not $300 cams either. FYI my bulbs, band and scale are working well too. Only thing I never got working right are the sensors since I use RTSP and had to forgo (at my own choosing) the ability to be on the latest firmwares.

1 Like

I’m still a Wyze man. . . … …:smiley:

1 Like

I’m old enough to remember Windows 2.11. For me, Windows 10 is the most reliable version yet.

1 Like

This is true.

Some posts were removed or edited that did not follow the Community Guidelines. Please flag posts that violate the guidelines so the moderators can respond appropriately.

Key points from the guidelines to keep in mind:

• Remember to criticize ideas, not people
  • Please avoid name-calling
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream
  • Keep posts relevant to Wyze

Important sections:

Always Be Civil

Somtimes We Disagree

3 Likes

Everyone please stop forcing people to read things. If I see another person make someone read these I am going to throw a fit.

2 Likes

I believe @RightlyWitnessed was referring to these two points.
I’m guilty of it myself.

2 Likes

There is truth in this post, and although I have hope for Wyze, it is waning.

Here’s a fact. I have five cameras, and this happens randomly anywhere from a few times a week to 1 every couple weeks. No response at all to my OP about it. It has been going on for months now. Find my OP if you have questions about why this might be happening.

All of this discussion comes down to this. If you like it, buy it. If you don’t then don’t buy it. Everyone has an opinion of products they buy. I bought things I found I didn’t like and moved on where as I bought things I liked and am still buying it. For those who don’t Like WYZE simply move on and let everyone else here enjoy their products.

1 Like

So, we should stop discussing this and refrain from sharing what we don’t like about these products?

7 Likes

He doesn’t want to hear your opinion. He wants to hear his opinion coming out of your mouth.

7 Likes

Old Wyse Terminals bring back old memories. The Wyse-50 was the latest back in late 80s. Before that we had the Wyse-200 CRT. The Wyse-200 was also a great heating device.

Wyse-50 was available with green or amber screens. Life was so simple then. I can’t even find a pic of the 200.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
Your suggestion only works if the product lives up to the advertised features and maintains those features.
I’m ok with the WYZE (branded) hardware. It’s the app and firmware that cause problems for me.
Event detection and event clip playback are the main problems. I don’t feel ‘ripped off’ because I can still get fairly reliable live views. I consider that worth the price of the cameras.

4 Likes

Imagine if all things had an “Operator Brightness” control. :thinking:

3 Likes

[mod edit] No they are not a surveillance company…100%

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Let me try this again before we have to shut down this thread.

Comments and complaints about Wyze products and services are fair game. Wyze wants to hear them and try to learn from them. These comments will not be deleted or censored.

On the other hand, the Community Guidelines must be followed. In particular,

• Keep posts relevant to Wyze.
  • Do not post political rhetoric.
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
  • Remember to criticize ideas, not people.
  • Please avoid name-calling.

Bottom line, complain about Wyze all you want, but be respectful of each other, stay on topic and no personal attacks.

4 Likes

But… there’s nothing bad anyone can say about Wyze, except that no one ever returns your messages. Aside from that, it’s clear Wyze product is made from the tears of angels.

3 Likes

@Loki actually, do you work for Wyze? If so, we prob need to chat. Please hit me up. I can’t get anyone from Wyze to return my messages.

@russ_hanneman Check your spam/junk. For some reason their support emails always end up in my junk spam folder. Even when I white list.