Don't buy wyse!

There are 2 other Companies that are Brand loyal. Apple and McIntosh (Audio)…Say something and you get a Post Beating…Wyze has issues…look at the tons of posts on what they sell. I will say this again…WYZE needs to focus on a Core Product line to get it Right. Then branch out with the other Toys. Next Caller,…

1 Like

When did this :

Please wait an hour between posts in this topic

Start coming up?
Now that to me is downright crazy.
And they call it “Discourse - written or spoken communication or debate.”

Only when the mods are watching the thread closely due to suspect behavior. I don’t think it’s a normal thing.

It’s called censorship and it’s normal practice for communist.

1 Like

Yep…Who knows?..Since there devices are made in China…As with Nike…Watch your user base and limited negativity.

1 Like

Why is this even a discussion? I have wasted $20 at my local store before. Could the software stand alittle improvement? yes, but its just 20 stinking dollars. lol If there is a security camera out there with equal night vision in color as the V3 and supports rtmp or rtsp native, you have my attention.

1 Like

Do you waste $20 at your store every time you go or do you tell your friends not to waste your money on it? I like telling my friends not to buy bad products, especially from companies who specialize in bait and switch or censorship.

Wrong, the building is NOT secure, and has NOT been secure for days now, cannot view ANY of the events on the cloud at all. [Mod Edit] Security has been breeched for days now as a result of this Wyze Cam fiasco.

It has nothing to do with other people’s experience, and other people’s experience has nothing to do with my particular problem, and it IS a problem for people to interject their phony praise of how well THEIR cameras are working and how satisfied they are with THEIR cameras, That is an apologist for Wyze and … it is very disingenuous.

Wyze alters the post to slow mode, so you can only reply to ** 1 person per hour ** in an attempt to prevent you from chewing them up and spitting them out, criticism of which they are perfectly deserving.

I bought a Lorex Security Cam package

End of story

Thank you

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

2 Likes

How is that account still active @mods ? Sigh, time for a filter.

enjoy…bye bye

2 Likes

I use a Ring Security package in a 2nd home (and it works Great!!!)…Wyze Security system is being donated to GoodWill.

2 Likes

“As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.” Proverbs 26:11

Like I said, I bought a Lorex Security Camera Package, metal cases, outdoor cameras.

Thank you

2 Likes

I think what we have here is ‘a failure to communicate’

I believe what we tend to criticize is based more on quality vs invested cost

That is most people’s problem, they cannot separate fact from fiction

As is clear in this case

1 Like

Everything Ken.S said is true. Nobody lied. The company did what it said it would do and actually nagged me to death before they did it (thank you for the nagging, I almost let it go).

I have free Person Detection on my V2 and Cam Pan.

People really like to jump to conclusions. Good Job Ken S. on the research.

See my post above for what I think about people complaining.

1 Like

Absolutely not true, Ken S commonly posts on this forum just to bash or persuade people with legitimate Wyze issues to give in and pay an ungodly fee for something other manufactures offer for free. They either he works for wyze or have some odd obsession with this thread. I think it’s cute and funny that anything he says can easily be torn to shred with simple facts. The simple fact is Wyze offered AI person detection for free with every camera they made (pre v3 and battery cams) that was a third party add on that ran onboard the camera. The company they got the add on from (Xnor.AI) got bought by apple and they changed to subscription based ai with a small window to sign up for free. Instead of offering another add on or developing inhouse AI software wyze did what wzye does best, they bought out. The data from your camera gets sent to a third party server which analyzes and responds back. Wyze has absolutely no control over the data being sent from your camera, the pricing of your ai or cloud subscription after their contract ends with their current ai company. They will continue to rebadge already existing products and services until you pump enough money into the company they can buy something better, all while prices continue to go up and services are listed like an ala cart menu at McDonalds. If you enjoy supporting the missions of CEO Yun Zhang and CPO Dongsheng Song with your money, data and time then I feel bad for you. After all we are no longer buying a $20 camera to check on our loved ones but an ecosystem of mass produced plastic scheduled to charge us a monthly fee right when we forget why we bought it the first place.

2 Likes

It seems as though the Community Guidelines may not have been followed recently on this topic.

https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyze-community-guidelines/

In this situation, the moderators’ instructions are to temporarily close the comments and to call in a Wyze employee. The Wyze employee may open comments again after they have a chance to review this thread.

13 Likes

After review, this thread will not be re-opened due to the likelihood of it going off-track and guidelines being broken again.

Have a great day!

12 Likes