Don't buy wyse!

Thank you both for these ideas! I’ve been experimenting with turning OFF “Battery Optimization” to allow better background operations with very mixed success. It seems to help sometimes, other times I still get the random ‘blooms’ of late notifications. About ready to try more extreme measures…

1 Like

If I had any issues with Wyze products, wyze immediately resolved or replaced the product. great company and products… and service

2 Likes

Unfortunately turning off Battery Optimization doesn’t cut it, disabling doze is really the only way.

2 Likes

I suspected that was too easy… Does disabling doze have a huge effect on battery life?

[NoDoz-vintag

2 Likes

I’m sure there is some minor effects, but I have not noticed any significant drop in battery life.

2 Likes

So this must be more phone dependent than Android version dependent? I haven’t really noticed this issue on Motorolas.

You lost me right there. The latest update has sooo many features that are accidentally found and in No Manual I can find.

The ability to swipe alerts left to right is brilliant in itself. The Timeline function for review is corrected and easily expandable and swipeable.

The Camera ( V2) is less than $30 and I got the bargain, not Wyze. I did. I knew going in that WYZE is NOT A SECURITY COMPANY and never claimed to be, you did. It’s a camera with hundreds of functions well worth more as there is no monthly fee and updates are only improvements…hah haaaa I got a DEAL !

Sure there’s a few ways that Wyze could have increased its profits by releasing their own version of an outdoor enclosure and cut off the millions made by 3rd party but next products came first and hindsight isn’t always 20/20 from any point you make.

When and If the Outdoor Cam does come out, hey I guess that’s great. I’m there, I wanted my cameras outdoors and I put them there all 11 of them and if they fail by my doing then it’s on me. No protection needed if common sense applies to location and if it or all cameras fail then it’s chump change to replace them.
I got the deal. It’s utterly amazing these cameras can be used and improved in unique ways and I feel your view is short sighted as to dollars spent to product performance.

If only Wyze would just explain somewhere the help features how to use all the rules for different scenarios they’d would need to even have forums but they do have forums and social media for answers but fully explaining functions and methods of use is my only minor complaint.

4 Likes

SO NOT TRUE - I have a box of dead bridges, sensors, cams - Wyze will NOT replace and they will NOT reply to my support emails.

2 Likes

They have been asking for the sensors back if they are having this issue

3 Likes

NOT TRUE - They have sent no reply to my last three emails. So don’t tell me about the “great” Wyze support - thats bull.

2 Likes

The statement I made is true, they are asking for the sensors back in the issue I linked. Nowhere did I mention “the ‘great’ Wyze support”, how great they are will depend on each individuals experience with them. I have only had to contact support one time over a year ago.

1 Like

I’ve only had issues with the pan cam; the other four WYZE cams have been AMAZING. The WYZE smart outlet is AMAZING. (Unlike the Simpli safe cams- now THOSE SUCK!)

1 Like

This post was incendiary enough to inspire me to add a counter viewpoint. I’m only a customer, not a Wyze employee.

There have been bumps in the road as many have commented but every device I’ve bought (9 cameras, 2 bridges, dozen contact sensors, 2 motion sensors are all still working. The original camera seems to need a reboot every so often but not been a problem with any of the ones purchased later. I even stretch the intended use in that all of my cameras are mounted outside though well protected from direct contact with the elements by putting them in 3d-printed cases and under the eaves. I’ve had batteries die in contact and motion sensors. No bricking. There are too many people that have reported problems that they are real but not any of my devices have died in the years I’ve had them.

5 Likes

I love all 10 of my Wyze cameras.

4 Likes

Hkvision is insecure. Everything is Chinese made.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Some people will never be satisfied no matter what. I think Wyze is smart enough to know to ignore this type of noise.

I have gotten the value out of all 18 of my devices, including the cameras inside, outside and in foreign countries. If they were to stopping working tomorrow, I would have already gotten value for what I paid. So in my mind, Wyze has already delivered. Consumers spend more money on other stuff than I did for less value without complaint. ( You could spend more on an expensive meal or concert, which are just experiences). Not to mention all the friends & family I’ve recommended Wyze to who are quite happy with the value they received. You have to keep things in perspective.

I have complained about stuff in this forum, but in the vein of hoping to see improvement. But I would never diss Wyze for not providing good value.

8 Likes

Same here. I had a terrible experience with the Bulbs. I don’t use them at all anymore. However, the camera’s and the lock have been great.
There are a lot of companies trying to do the whole ‘small smart home company’. Nooie is definitely copying Wyze’s customer model.
There will always been problems, growing pains etc. But one thing I will never say about Wyze is that they are value oriented. I just bought a new camera to add to my setup. I’ve been running their cams outside, unprotected for almost 2 years now and they run perfectly fine. Rain, snow etc. Just works.
I replaced an entire Foscam setup with Wyze and do not regret it even a little. Wyze is a good company [mod edit].

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

3 Likes

check your spam. I have lots of trouble with their emails getting kicked there.

1 Like

I bought a Reolink Argus 2 camera for its outdoor and solar charging capabilities. I’m on my second camera; the first one died within two months. I’m on my second solar panel; the first one died in about six months. Reolink’s customer service sucks big-time, and the process by which to receive a replacement camera under warranty is about as asinine as anything I’ve ever seen. Even with the Reolink camera sitting within 10 feet of the WiFi device it’s connected to, 20% of the time it doesn’t connect on first try and 100% of the time I get the message telling me that my network quality is poor and that I need to switch the camera to the grainy, crappy 720p…but it’s the ONLY thing on my network that thinks that.

Buying a Reolink camera wasted probably 20 hours of my life. And Reolink’s camera cost about the same as SIX Wyze cameras, NONE of which I’ve had ANY trouble with.

Reolink is dead to me.

3 Likes

Not a farce. I bought about 20 sensors back when they first released. Put them on all my windows and garage door.
Over time, I came to ignore them, because being on windows, they rarely ever trigger, so you forget about them.
But alas, there is a flaw with them, in that they don’t send updates back to the bridge unless something happens. And since a lot of my windows are never opened, they never wake up to send a status update with a “low battery” warning.
So out of my 20 sensors, nearly all of them had dead batteries.
Guess how many of those are bricked?
11 out of 20.
How do you know when they are bricked?
When you try to associate them to the bridge, they blink 5 times instead of 3. That is the signature of death.
I even have figured out partly WHY they are bricked…
They lose their MAC addresses, and send a bad/NULL mac address to the bridge.
(They might lose even more than the MAC, but it definitely is at least the MAC)
The bridge/cam/app see the empty/bad MAC, and ignore the device.
I suspect the sensor even knows something bad has happened to its MAC, which is why the 5 blinky code happens on them.
I have an RMA request email into them now, to RMA/swap the bad ones out.
I sure hope they have fixed this issue, as there are many use cases where you DON’T want to hear from the device unless something bad has happened.

PS: It is really too bad they don’t send a heartbeat packet back like once a day. At least with that we would know if the sensor is still alive, and what its battery life is at.

5 Likes