Does Wyze have any plans to fully support Home Assistant (Binary sensors included)

I’ve been looking for a formal note or article on whether Wyze will ever fully support Home Assistant or not, and keep finding tidbits but no solid source. I appreciate all the work that guys like Josh Mulliken ( GitHub - JoshuaMulliken/ha-wyzeapi: Home Assistant Integration for Wyze devices.) are doing and it sounds like people inside of Wyze use Home Assistant. If the complaint is that it’s too taxing on Wyze systems to send notifications, why not offer support for Home Assistant to talk directly to the hub? I’ve purchased hundred of dollars of V1 motion and door sensors and then V2 sensors, cameras, and had Home Monitoring for a while but cancelled it because of the lack of integration. I would gladly continue to pay for services like Home Monitoring if Wyze products integrated with literally every other smart device in my home. TP-Link, Ecobee, even generic “SmartLife” products, and nearly a dozen other component vendors in my home are all fully supported. With the smarter Home Monitoring base station it should be a simple matter of software to send broadcasts locally as well as the Wyze systems. Again, I’d gladly pay for Home monitoring services if the integration was there but I find myself exploring a move to Zigbee and walking away from Wyze for good.

I need to search for it but Wyze has committed to MATTER and will not be supporting HA.

WildBill… I am sure they are committed to this project as they are for landscape mode for tablets… Just sayin

2 Likes

@nixhome2020 just got the Batsignal… in portrait mode.

I’m sure OP knows that the old V1 bridge can provide fully local sensor control when plugged directly into an HA server…

I’m using that setup now but it’s not a solid development effort as the service hangs frequently requiring me to reboot HA every 12 hours -30 days. There is a Wyze integration in HA but I believe it’s the one that was forced to disable the binary sensors due to Wyze demands. Again, the capability is there, they just refuse to make it available locally.

2 Likes

The simple answer is no there isn’t going to be one and efforts by others are likely to eventually be blocked.
Wyze wants you too play in their eco system.

They already made efforts to block use of wyze products in home assistant so the writing been on the wall for sometime now.

Like other companies they want full control to track usage,security and to force you to use their software where they can advertise and have direct links to their store for shopping.

This could change in the future depending on demand and how popular things like home assistant become.