Does the Wyze V3 fully operate off house power (via USB) so I never have to climb a ladder to recharge it?

Does the Wyze V3 fully operate off house power (via USB) so I never have to climb a ladder to recharge it?

@clark3 Welcome to the Wyze community!

Yes, the new V3 cam is powered the same way as the v2 cam. No batteries to recharge. The V3 comes with a usb Power Adapter: Indoor 5v/1A.

Spec Details Here

4 Likes

I note “indoor” in above response. I read that the V3 can be outdoors. I want to mount it on the gable under the eves with the USB cable coming through the vent and plugged into a socket one the inside of the gable. The camera will be outside looking down at the driveway. Is that a problem. I can get a tougher USB cable if needed.

Thanks,
Clark

1 Like

The V3 is an outdoor camera. It comes with an indoor power adapter. There is a outdoor version sold separately. (See pic)

Is that a problem.

No problem at all. I have my V3 installed under the eve overlooking my driveway. I’m using the indoor power adapter with mine but it’s in a closed dry area. You would only need the outdoor version (Power adapter) if it’s plugged up in an outside outlet.

V3 Cam Indoor and Outdoor Use

IP65-rated weatherproof with extreme temperature tolerance from -4°F to 113ºF, the camera can be mounted anywhere inside or outside your home and stand up to any weather conditions.

1 Like