Does the Wyse iOS app run on Apple TV?

I’m looking for a way to have a “channel” on my TV that gives me a view of the cameras on the exterior of my house in real time.

Since I have an Apple TV device that might do it if the iOS app runs on it.

Alternatively, I think you guys mentioned that there was some way to get RTSP streams out of a Wyse Cam after jumping through hoops. Maybe I could set up one of my Pi’s that hang off one of the HDMI ports on my TV to receive them.

I think you will have better luck with the RTSP software. I use an app called IP Cam Soft Pro on Apple TV which picks up the RTSP streams just fine. There are a half dozen or so similar apps on the App Store.

Lots of options with Rasberry Pi as well.

If you hack a Wyse Cam V2 to get RTSP streams do you loose the functionality of Wyse’s own app? Is it an either/or thing?

Wyze makes an alternative firmware to support RTSP. It works fine with the app and has most of the same functionality. But you do loose Person Detection and I think some other things.

From what I have read the RTSP version will be less frequently updated and will probably never have feature parity with the mainstream release firmware so that is a consideration.

Here is the “official” link about RTSP.

1 Like

Good info. Thanks.

1 Like