Does new Pan v.2 have a siren or not

Various articles say it does but I don’t see a way to turn the siren on manually using the app. The approach used for cam v.3 does not work for me (no icon for siren) under “more”

1 Like

Looking at the Cam Pan v2, which I just got today, I do not see any siren as an option in the device settings or on the main page.

However, this is what is shown in the detail area on the Wyze Site:

I will see what I can find.

EDIT

here is some additional information I just found out from @carverofchoice . So a Siren must be part of the Cam Pan v2:

Just got word from Wyze that they are aware of the siren issue and are now fixing it.

2 Likes

It has a siren, but you can’t directly control it from the app ATM.

You can control it via Rules, however. Set a shortcut for ‘Siren on’ and another for ‘Siren off’. Then you can control it directly from the app.

Hopefully they will fix this soon.

6 Likes

Great temporary workaround.

So, basically, the siren is there, the APP GUI is just missing the easy to access icon to press where the V3 has it.

I personally usually only use the siren with rules anyway, but I know some people would like to easily test them from the camera page.

2 Likes

Great suggestion. I will try that as well.

2 Likes

Confirmed the Rules approach works. I assume Wyze will patch this in the future. Good idea.

1 Like

Wyze is aware of the issue and working on a fix. It should be available in the upcoming v2.25 release.

3 Likes

I don’t see the ability to use a rule to turn on the siren for a black V2. What am I missing?

The evolution of the different camera lines are different. A Pan V2 is a very new camera, with some of the same functionality of the new fixed-view V3. A fixed-view V2 is a very old camera, and did not have the siren. The black V2 was one of those cameras.

Currently only the fixed-view V3, Outdoor camera, and Pan V2 have a siren.

3 Likes

I thought the same thing. Go to that page that you posted the screenshot of and continue scrolling down the page.

I think you are talking about the Pan V2, not the Black V2 (which was the old fixed-view camera before the V3).

There is nothing below what they posted on the Black V2.

2 Likes

Waiting to get mine ! Let me know how it is , I’m very excited to see this new addition :fire::sparkling_heart:

I have the Cam Pan V2 cameras and set up rules to turn the sirens on and off. HOWEVER, I got a 3rd camera and wanted to do the same thing for it but the siren option isn’t there any longer. I see it in the “more” options now and not in the background options (like turn notifications on and off, or turn the camera on and off). The rules I had previously created still work but I’m not able to duplicate it.