Does motion sensor PIR activate the Wyze Plug or only the bulbs

Yes, absolutely! I use the Wyze motion sensor and contact sensors with my plugs and bulbs. It works great. I open my back door and the lights turn on. I walk in front of the motion sensor and it will turn on the plug or a bulb either one. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

StopICU33 - Thank you. Your help is appreciated… :smiley:

1 Like

You’re welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

@StopICU33

While you’re here ,… I know you’re very experienced and I hope you don’t mind me asking this question here is there a way to have the motion sensors turn on the lights in the evening hours only instead of during daylight hours (a time schedule would be great)?

Thanks

Chas

I don’t mind at all. I do use a time schedule for my bulbs. I have certain bulbs set to tun on with a schedule in the rules. For example, I set a schedule to turn on one bulb at 9 pm and turn off at 11 pm nightly. I have different schedules set for certain days like on the weekend I usually have the porch lights set to turn on around 7 pm. Then they will turn off at my set time or sometimes I set only one schedule to turn on and when I don’t need the light on, I will turn it off manually. Either way it works for me. Hope this helps answer your question.

Thanks for the reply.

I will uses a schedule for the plugs, but I was really looking for a schedule for the motion sensors, so they would not send a signal during the daylight hours.

Chas

Very Cool I did not know that could be done… I just ordered 2 of the PIR Sensor and a set of plugs. For the top and Bottom of my stairs. So I can set the plugs via ‘rules’ to only ‘listen’ to the PIR sensor between 8:00pm & 6:00am (what it’s dark) so they don’t turn on the light when not needed… Very Cool… Thank you Again StopICU33…

1 Like

I apologize. I was in a hurry and totally missed that.
The motion sensor will trigger a bulb if it detects motion, but I haven’t seen any where in the rules that allow it to work just certain hours like you mentioned. I will ask to be sure.

1 Like

According to the roadmap, combining a schedule and event is in testing at the moment.

3 Likes

It is currently available in beta only. So it is coming in the near future.

1 Like

Hey @chasjabber, what @StopICU33 stated is correct, being able to schedule rules based on time of day is currently in Beta. for me it has worked flawlessly thus far. I have a contact sensor in my garage so when I get home in the mornings and open the door, it turns on 3 plugs in my house so I have lights already on. I have it set so that it won’t do that behavior anytime other than morning when the sun is still down. I had to actually look up sunrise times for this as it is not native in the app. not that big of a job though. I haven’t had that malfunction or not work once and honestly I didn’t realize how much I would use that feature. other than a misspelling within the app I haven’t see much in the way of compliants/ bugs for this Beta, I could see it becoming public reasonably soon.

3 Likes

Perfect BAM, This is what I was hoping for. Since Wyze said it’s a 12 month battery in the sensor myself is not concerned about the sensor just the plug being able to do what you have set up.

Thank you for the explanation.

@Bam

OK Bam,

Thanks, you’ve inspired me… I’m going to signup for the BETA App.

Chas

2 Likes

A little reading for ya

1 Like

Glad I could help :slight_smile: on the upside you can always revert back to the production version too if you’re not happy being a beta tester

OK… my request to join the Facebook beta group is pending. I just got in four plugs and a couple bulbs today just in time for testing thanks Chas

Just make sure when you signed up for the Facebook Beta group that you answer all the required questions, I believe there are a total of 4 last I checked.

2 Likes

@WyzeJasonJ

Thanks, I did that this afternoon and it said request pending.

I looked again a few minutes ago (8pm EDT) and it said “join group”, so I submitted a request again.

In the meantime I’m using the Beta app now…

Chas

2 Likes

I received the plugs and the motion sensors. However I can not get it to work. Looks link I also need the small part that fits on back of the camera so the sensor can connect. Can I purchase just that part? I was unaware you need to piggyback the sensor. I can not find that part only on line… anyone know if I can just get that part…?

That part is only sold with Sense Starter Kit, currently they are not sold separate, there is a wishlist item for that, I recommend voting there. I placed links for the kit and the wishlist item below.

1 Like