Does adding Sense to a Wyze OG change the "channel" of the camera?

I was running a single Wyze Cam OG and installed tinyCam (Free) and connected to the cam no problem from my Chromebox. I decided to upgrade to Pro and all was well for a couple of days. I then installed Sense (all working 100%) and then noticed my tinyCam app was no longer able to connect. I realize we’re not likely providing tech support for the tinyCam folks, but at least their app was working on my Chromebox where the Wyze app won’t. Ideas? Love the idea of having my large monitor display my (just now) two camera’s views.

I haven’t explored tinyCam but I think @WyzeFrederik might have some ideas on this?

I’ll go ahead and try it on one of my full Android devices. I mainly wanted it just for my Chromebox - fairly low-cost low-power window to the world without opening the icky curtains as Chrome OS might be the answer.

The order in which you sort your sense devices appears to affect the channel number assigned to each device. When I moved my sense devices below the cameras, the channel assignments returned to normal and tinycam pro was happy again. :grinning:

2 Likes

Odd. That actually worked, but I had to do Cam, sense, cam, sense, sense in order to get both cameras to appear in tinyCam. They are both working at the moment. Not sure how long they will last, but much appreciated! Thank you :slight_smile:

Another option is to set the order you like in the wyze app and then change the channel number in tinycam to match. You might need to try a couple channel numbers before you get the right one. Under manage cameras - (camera name) - advanced settings - channel.

Woohoo that worked! Thanks for the tip! I wouldn’t have thought of that.