Do you trust Wyze? (2022)

From the beginning Wyze stated goal has been to treat customers like friends. They want to make a pact, company-to-individual, that is genuine and built to endure.

It’s been 5 years since their founding.

Do you trust Wyze?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

Results of a previous poll circa 2019-20. Have things changed?

2 Likes

We actually just passed our 5-year incorporation date. We’ll hit 5 years since we launched the original Wyze Cam in October. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

If “Wyze” approached you respectfully and asked for permission to date your daughter, would you allow it? :boy: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :girl:

1 Like

Seems the trust measured is all or nothing?

I have many levels of trust, but total trust is very hard to earn.

2 Likes

Vote first. Interaction second. :slight_smile:

You can change it or withdraw it any time! :+1:

1 Like

You might not totally trust your daughter’s beau but still allow an unchaperoned date. Like that. :slight_smile:

Call it ‘trust.’

Functional. Provisional. Withdrawable.

Proven over TIME.

I don’t totally trust Wyze. It’s comprised of hundreds of unknowns. Still, I take the leap. I ‘trust.’

Because my fuzzy calculus tilts ‘yes.’

1 Like

You should have made a trust rating scale 0-10 instead of just a yes or a no. I guess I expect to much from a Frog :astonished:

2 Likes

Good idea! Why not compose a 0-10 one here in comments?

Actually, I’m not kidding, 'twould be cool, and you could take the onus off me for being (almost) the sole pollster-boy onsite. :slight_smile:

Still, to respond to your comment:

Doesn’t Yes/No + explicating comment (since both are attributed) address the need to specify a ‘degree of trust’ if desired?

1 Like

Extending the above, may I ask something? :slight_smile:

Your current vote on the binary is ‘No.’

• Where would Wyze fall on your 0-10 scale?
  • What would the scale extremes 0 & 10 mean?
  • What would be the minimum score required for you to continue using the product?

I would be a 5.9 on products, customer service is another story. I have had both very good customer service and some extremely painful and lengthy support sessions. A 5.4 for CS.
O would = nothing works a advertised and a 10 = everything works as advertised.
Minimum score would be a 5.0

2 Likes

Forcing a yes/no vote… have to lean no:

NO Landscape for iPads
NO viable Wyze Web View
NO RTSP (NO future support, as RTSP is being abandoned by Wyze)
NO ability to record directly to my NAS or other NVR system
NO ability to view my Video Doorbell on my Echo Show 10 gen 3
NO easy way to download Time Lapse’s to my PC without it first going to my phone
NO easy way to get data off of a SD card on a WCO unless you remove it from the WCO
NO Confidence in the Wyze QR Code to determine when my Garage door is closed
NO rechargeable batteries to be used in the Wyze Lock
NO microSD card or RTSP on any Wyze Doorbell.
NO I do not like how Loud the motor’s are on my Pan Cam v2s

There are many Yes’s as well, which I’ll add later when I have time to compile that list.

While all that sounds negative, they are indeed all NO’s…. and I think right now the “NO’s have it over all the YES’s for me.

I look forward to Wyze turning those NO’s to YES’s some day in the future … or year in the future….

SJ

3 Likes

No here too …

Was interested in Wyze when they were a Camera company and not all this other “Wyze-Crap” they peddle now :exclamation:

Since the new Wyze was formed most the updates are for non-camera devices they are selling, which then messes up the App for the cameras, etc…

The V1 customer’s got screwed in that their cameras are now End of Life in less than 5 years.

So I have all the Wyze products I will EVER buy now.

16 V3 cams
7 V2 cams
1 Pan-Cam V1

When they die or go End of Life I will replace with the next “Flash in the Pan” camera out there that meets my requirements. But definitely not Any Wyze product.

*** I will pay for Wyze Cam Plus Unlimited though, that is until it becomes unusable, price goes up, etc…

4 Likes

@Antonius @nixhome2020 @bryonhu

Attempting to capture the spirit if not the exact substance of what you’ve replied:

• Trust that they will deliver what they promise or have promised.

• Trust that they’ll be ‘good to their word.’

• Trust that agents called ‘Wizards’ will deliver what the title promises: competence if not expertise.

• Trust that they will deliver products with essential features included, and that the features provided operate well.

• Trust that existing product updates (firmware/software) will consistently improve those products.

• Trust that their focus on cameras is much better than ‘adequate.’

• Trust that they will meet all expectations that are reasonably implied.

If you’ve used comparable products from a competitor, which compared the best, and what would their ‘numbers’ be on the 0-10 scale?

Or if binary, which was the strongest ‘Yes’?

1 Like

Do you Trust this guy? :rofl:

1 Like

What would be an accurate description? :slight_smile:

Something like every other company does with an asterisk * (1) *(2) *(3) *(4) *(5)

1. Only works with scheduled event recording .
  2. This does not mean 24/7 continuous recording to the SD card in the camera ***(Unless you like charging your battery every 6-8 hours). ****Solar Panel may extend battery life to 8 hours and 5 min. :joy:
  3. It may or may not work with Time Lapse.
  4. Smoke and CO detection outdoors? May require you Pay for Cam Plus**
  5. Travel mode may or may not work, just don’t try to use your phone on Wi-Fi while connected to the cam.
    My son-in-law is a corporate law partner, one of those guys who writes the fine print.
1 Like

Thanks for the giggle. :slight_smile:

It’s effective when it’s spelled out with an illustration.

This question I posed above crosses my mind a lot as I interact on the forum:

Recently, I posed it in a different form to @resist, who has been experiencing lots of erratic performance and has been seeking help and expressing frustration in several topics on the board:

@Resist chose not to respond but @ssummerlin and @Customer weighed in:

1 Like

And, for the YES side of the Survey:

YES, I enjoy the 8 WCO V1’s that I have to monitor the wildlife around my house
YES, I enjoy the two V3’s that also monitor for wildlife in the backyard
YES, I like the Wyze Color Lights I use with Rules for various Alerts from Camera’s, Motion Sensors & Entry Sensors
YES, I like the Auto Lock and Unlock feature of the Wyze Lock
YES, I like the Wyze Sprinkler system that now seems to be working properly
YES, I like the ability to create time lapse videos on m V3s

That’s currently it for my 'YES" list :slight_smile:

SJ

1 Like