Do the V3s not record our voices when talking into the phone app mic?

When I speak into the mic from my phone app and watch the video later, my voice isn’t there. I know voices come out of the cam speakers because I talk on it and I can hear family members talk to me when they see me.

I noticed in the Ring porch cam videos you can hear the owner talking to the person in front of the camera. I assumed it would be the same with the Wyze cams. Am I wrong?

I believe they electronically cancel out your voice from the recording, maybe to quell possible feedback issues if you are close because you have sound on?

3 Likes

Makes sense, if you want this to be diffrent, create a post in the #wishlist

Ok, so it’s not my camera then?

1 Like

Are you talking though the cam in this video?

Another Chicken Video, Dotty vacates the premises

1 Like

No. I did talk to her a few min earlier through the cam but she wouldn’t leave so I walked out there and talked to her through the screened window behind the wall where the cam is attached.

1 Like

I just tested this on Cam v2, Cam v3 and Cam Pan v2. Cam v2 has no issues recording voice through the 2-way “Speak” function. When playing back video from Cam v3 and Cam Pan v2, you can hear the attempts, but they are completely garbled/unintelligible. Given those results, this appears to be more of a bug than a missing feature.

2 Likes

Thanks for testing yours. With mine, all I get are clicking sounds when played back.

Are you testing with a v3?

Yes, all mine are V3’s.

1 Like

I hear the same results as you with my v3 cams and also Pan Cam v2… just clicking, static and occasional garbled sound. :confused:

I’ve been able to clearly hear the recorded 2-way “Speak” audio only on Cam v2.

Don’t forget to vote for your own wishlist topic:

4 Likes

I gave my V2 to my daughter up the road. I was going to test her and ask her to check the viewback since I can’t, but I couldn’t get her to answer, so instead I hit “record” and did the test. I could hear my voice but it was really loud. I forgot that with the V2’s you have to hold down the mic while speaking, and with the V3 you just tap it and let go, then tap again to stop.

2 Likes

I did the same thing. :grin:

1 Like

I’m not sure this is a bug; I think they specifically wrote a routine to remove the transmitted audio from the recording. However, a Wishlist item works. I voted for it. :slight_smile:

I just tested it on a V3, and I could hear myself on the camera from another room. However on the recording there was the slight distortion where what I transmitted to the camera was electronically removed from the recording. Then I walked back to the camera and said “Did you hear me?”

I only heard the part where I came back into the room. So they currently remove what you transmit in firmware, for whatever reason.

2 Likes

Thanks. Maybe the mic is too close to the speaker or something. When I tested my daughter’s V2, it was extremely loud and had a lot of squelch.

2 Likes