Do shared users get notification alerts?

I’ve shared my cameras with some family members. Will they also get the alert notifications? Or just me, as the camera admin? Thanks.

1 Like

Yes, the shared users should receive push notifications if they are enabled at all three levels:

1. Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. This does affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.
  2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.
  3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet.
1 Like

Thanks for the reply but in my camera settings > Event Recording I only have two options; 1. Detects Motion, and 2. Detects Sound.

In the camera settings > Notifications, I have a toggle to turn notifications on or off, and if On, then I have three “notify me when” choices; 1. Wyze AI events, 2. All other motion events, and 3. Sound events.

I have Detects Motion On, and also Notifications On, with only the Wyze AI Event enabled.

This configuration is working fine for me as I’ve received notification alerts that a person was in the camera view, but again, I’m trying to enable my shared family members to also get those notifications. Thx.

I don’t have this option either. Using the latest Android app I see only:

Camera → Gear (settings) → Event Recording

My options are (only)

• Schedule (All Day)
  • Detects motion (on)
  • Detects sound (off)
  • Cam Plus AI Detection (off)

How do I enable push notifications for a shared user?

Welcome to the forums! A shared user of a camera shares the same notification settings that the main user has set up. So whatever you set up the settings to be will automatically be shared with the shared user. The only way for them to control the notifications is to disable notifications for their account or their app within their devices OS. The last two options will cease all app notifications for that user, not just the shared camera, FYI

Thank you.

1 Like

Wow, I just ran into this issue and it’s astoundingly dumb. What software engineer would actually think that this is a smart way to do this? Seriously. Not to have granular notification control on the monitoring device without affecting all other devices is ludicrous. Sometimes I really wonder where Wyze hires it’s product planners and devs.

3 Likes

For my cameras, I can control notifications by device. My son just shared a camera with me for which he has notifications enabled. I cannot individually block this.

2 Likes

Agreed - I have my parents cams set up to share with me. I get all their alerts and there is no way to turn off. This is beyond stupid.

3 Likes

For all users reading this thread please submit a polite feature request for granular alerting in cam plus. :slight_smile:

Even if they only add it to camera groups to start that would help. Then I can group cameras shared with me and turn off notifications by group.

2 Likes

It seems like this should have been resolved by now. So many of us install cameras for our relatives so we can help them. But I can’t turn off their notifications. So my only choice is to delete their shared cameras or completely disable ALL notification… even my own cameras. This is a really stupid issue.

1 Like

Insane - like the garage door notifications.

1 Like

Make sure to give this Wishlist a vote in support then! It is tagged as “researching/in progress” so keep an eye on that topic for updates!

Workaround is to set a schedule for the shared camera such that they never notify you.