Do dogs and motion sensors v2 mix?

Hi all! I recently received and set up my Starter Pack (plus some additional gear) to set up my home monitoring. I have one major concern though - I have two dogs and I feel like I can’t use the motion sensors with the home monitoring until I figure out if the dogs are going to set them off. The Wyze site says no, but I’m not convinced enough to risk triggering the alarm.

Does anyone have experience with this - dogs either setting off or not setting off the motion sensors? Size/weight of dogs would be appreciated for comparison - I have one 47 pound and one 23 pound.

Thanks!

If you activate the motion sensor in stand-alone mode, and don’t add it to home monitoring, then you can see if your dogs set off the motion sensors in your particular instance.

If they do, you will just get notifications, so no foul. Also if they do, you can experiment with motion sensor sensitivity settings and physical positioning.

Once you are confident, you can add it to home monitoring.

There is also guidance regarding installing the motion sensors for pets…upside down and lower on the wall. Sensor detects at an angle.

Here is a post with the directions:

1 Like

Thank you!

Thanks!

1 Like