Wyze Home Monitoring Service with keypad, sensors, and 911 dispatch

Curious about what everyone is using for home security in combination with their Wyze cams?

I’m trying to build a DIY home security system using Wyze cams. I voted for a video doorbell but also think it would be great if we could have a local siren (maybe through Google Home) and monitoring service to call police/911 in case of a break-in when you’re traveling or unable to respond to alerts.

Monitoring services require UL listed devices (based on what they are monitoring) and seems unlikely. Certainly that would require vastly different hardware.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Video Doorbell

While they can be used for monitoring, they should NOT be used for security.

They just have too many limitations for such a thing.

There would be WAY too many false positives & false negatives to be able to call enforcement officials. Most citys will now charge for nuisance calls as well, would hate to think of how much that will end up costing!

You could use IFTTT for the siren though, just need a siren that supports that, or get a smartplug that you can run a siren off of.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, everyone! Please feel free to share any thoughts about which doorbells you’re using.

ShadowCam - agreed, I don’t want to pay the city for false negatives! Considering getting a traditional security system like Simplisafe or a local security company.
IFTTT for a siren, that’s definitely an interesting project - thanks for sharing!

even an airplane flying overhead can trigger a notification.

please be considerate to others (you might be talking with one of your neighbours here on the forum, you never know) and dont leave any siren connected via ifttt to a wyzecam unattended.

the wyzecam has a neat feature where you can use its built in mic and speak (yell :grin:) two way to who ever triggered the notification .its quite loud too. so you can verify visually before making any noise.

Thanks sgi! Saved us some trouble! Cheers all, this has been a useful discussion.
Yeah, just yelling through the camera should work too! I’m going to go buy a couple of cams now!

1 Like

I’m using for security. Couldn’t figure out a IFTTT solution for getting Wyze Pan to work with a smart power outlet that I’ve connected a 30 watt siren…so currently depend on motion notice to cell phone at which time I open smart outlet app to activate siren … while watching on Pan… not perfect but fix for now until coder or app pro comes up with way for motion detection to auto activate siren and notify me so I can disarm when all clear. Would rather be notified by phone call instead of text … have a PIPER system that does all this seamlessly, however they’ve been acquired by a corporate alarm monitoring company:worried:

1 Like

Kinda liking the siren idea!

It would be great if you offered remote monitoring with a competitive rate as ring offers. When i go on vacation, I’d like someone else watching my sensors while away because most of us will likely not have time to check our phone or may not have signal to get the updates.

2 Likes

I’m not sure Wyze wouldn’t do this since they specifically say this isn’t a security camera. As far as the video doorbell goes, they confirmed that they’re working on that product. A siren and an alarm for the existing camera speakers are also on the wishlist, so please vote for those too if you haven’t already.

Hope Wyze develope an affordable complete home security system (since wyze already have some ready components) to compete with present expensive systems on the market.

I don’t see them heading this direction but I could be wrong, just with them seeming to market everything as just smart home devices to not be used as security seems they are headed just the smart home direction. Just my opinion though, anything is possible

This idea sounds Great hopefully Wyze will consider doing this

1 Like

I do agree with you about them not heading in a security path but it seems to me that a lot of people hope they will so maybe they will start to.

Since wyze has already sensor and motion. Why not Alarm system with live monitoring just like ring. Only $5.00 month monitoring including taxes fees flat $5.00.

1 Like

I suggest that Wyze concentrate more on the security aspects of their products and market them as such.
I am sure that a packaged bundle with cameras and sensors as well as other future products such as doorbell camera and outdoor camera would be very popular.

1 Like

Allow the products to contact the police for security purposes if necessary.

Hi There
I sent an extensive email to wyze in regards to home security. To me it only makes sense if they would venture in that area. I have the cameras, the sensors, light bulbs, the plugs and now I will have the lock…basically all we need is some kind of monitoring feature and some sort of a response team/company . Those are my 2 cents. I am a big supporter of wyze : )

1 Like

Hello,I’m new to Wyze and love their products but does anyone know if Wyze will offer 24hr home monitoring in the near future?

2 Likes