Disquize Your Wyze

Many people want to change or disguise the look of their Wyze cameras without voiding their warranty. In my case, I wanted to “disguise” my new WOC to use as a trail cam. (Mainly so it isn’t spotted and stolen.)

Both methods are simple and cheap,

Method 1:
Contact or transfer paper:
Materials I used: Roll of contact paper from Amazon, small blade cutter from Harbor Freight,

1. Use your camera as a template and draw 4 or more squares on the backside of your contact paper.
  2. Cut out each square slightly bigger than the outline.
  3. Remove the backing and apply the square to one of the camera sides.
  4. Use the blade cutter to trim flush with the sides. Repeat.
    I used a pill bottle to trace the cut out for the camera front.

Method 2:
This method is only slightly more difficult and can make your disguise mimic anything.
Cinderblock, cement, wood, bark, vegetation, etc.

Materials: one 8" x10" matte finish photo. One small can of Elmer’s CraftBond from Walmart. one small blade cutter.

1. Take a picture of the material you want to imitate. ( In this example, I took a picture of the bush I wanted to hide my WOC “trail cam” in.)
  2. Get an 8" x 10" enlargement. I used Walmart 1 hr, matte finish $3. This will cover 2 WOC’s
  3. Use your camera as a template and draw 4 or more squares on the backside of your 8"x10 photo paper.
  4. Cut out each square slightly bigger than the outline.
  5. Spray CraftBond on the backside of the square
  6. Apply one square at a time and trim flush.
    I used a pill bottle to trace the cut out for the camera front and just cut out
    small rectangles for the charge and SD cards.

Both methods using CraftBond allow you to remove and change the look anytime you want to.
You can also glue leaves, sticks, sand, etc. to these surfaces.

9 Likes

Looking great!

Very nice results and a nice write up. Long before I was thinking about disguising cameras, remodel workmen in my house gouged a wall papered surface in the bedroom. I took a picture of adjacent undamaged wallpaper and, after several printouts on my printer adjusting for scale and color, I pasted over the gouge.
Victor Maletic.

3 Likes