Display seconds on sensor event log timestamps

I have two doors in order to enter my apt, one in the first floor and another one upstairs, the inclusion of seconds on the time an event takes places (open or closed sensor) would allow me to know if someone is coming in or leaving my home.

I agree with @macutan that Sense events should include the full timestamp in the form hh:mm:ss just like the camera events. It would help in determining the sequence of triggers from sensors and cameras.

Hello. Same problem here. I want to setup either 2 contact sensors or a contact sensor and motion sensor to determine if someone is coming or going. But without seconds, this is kind of a bust.
BTW, @macutan and @jjr, are you using IFTT for automate actions? If so, how to combine multiple triggers? I am trying to setup google sheet to track the sequence of actions. Any tips?

I’m not using IFTTT yet, just the Wyze functions.

Yes, I am using IFTTT , need to install the second sensor but I feel through using IFTTT and Setting up a routine that would add a row to a spreadsheet should work as it will show which sensor was triggered first.

I’ve ran into a related issue that could be resolved by including full timestamp for the trigger time in the trigger data. I have a sensor on a door that opens and closes within seconds. Both events are being triggered, but IFTTT sometime fires them out of sequence.

I’ve had to set up a convoluted process using counters in HA to ensure that I have an accurate open/close state for the door and a method to trigger other automation on door open events.

It’s unfortunate that a local web-socket connection is not available to overcome the lag inherit to IFTTT, not providing the timestamp on IFTTT makes it even more cumbersome (if not impossible) to ensure that events on in the proper sequence.

Completely agree. Until we have seconds added to the timestamp, control will remain hit and miss.

I’m sorry, but I have to ask how hard it would be to accomplish this on Wyze’s end? I think that’s what irritates me the most about this problem. It’s probably as easy as digging into the code and adding “:ss” on a single line.

It’s just such an obvious omission… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Please add the time to the Wyze sensor event notifications. As an example (Android app), contact sensor alerts come in without a timestamp, so I would need to open the app to track down when stuff happens.
Seems like an easy thing to add to the notification.
See this screenshot. There is no time included in the status notification.
Imgur

Hi Wyze team, any update on this future feature? When do you think it will be available?
There is a lot of potential on this one. Thx

A Wyze products lover …

1 Like

Besides the reasons others have provided for including seconds in ALL timestamps, it would also help when reviewing video to see what triggered the event, I would know down to the second what time to view the video to see what triggered the event. Although this request may not have many votes yet, it may be a relatively simple code change that would improve usability and customer satisfaction making this request worthy of giving it more priority vs other more complex requests that may have more votes.

I now see there is another topic “Mark Events In Playback” about viewing events in recordings.