Disable Wyze Cam Plus within the app?

I tried the Wyze Cam Plus 2-week trial. Didn’t like it. Don’t want it. Now I feel like more than ever I keep getting prompts to upgrade to Wyze Cam Plus. Like, for example, the “Click ‘12s’ to upgrade to Cam plus to record more than 12s” overlay on every single event video. Is there any way to get rid of these annoying Cam Plus prompts in the app?

1 Like

To the best of my knowledge the answer is no. Those prompts are promoting the service in hopes you will subscribe. I get them as well, even though I have some cameras with CamPlus subscriptions, as do others. An annoyance no doubt.

Have you tried turning off new products & deals? Not sure if it will stop the prompts

I hadn’t, but I must’ve turned that off previously because it was already off. So unfortunately no, it doesn’t appear that’ll turn off Cam Plus prompts.

Same with the email subscription. Turning off the “Cam Plus” list doesn’t keep one from continuing to receive emails about why one should pay for Cam Plus…

You may want to remove yourself from the email newsletter then.

Directly on newsletter:

Wyze website account settings:

Perhaps you haven’t tried this. This link took me to a page which has a number of subscription options, including (supposedly) a box allowing one to unsubscribe from Wyze Cam Plus emails. Unchecking this box has no effect on these emails.

Should one be required to unsubscribe completely from all Wyze emails to avoid “Cam Plus” emails? There are useful items on some of these email lists; I’d prefer not to remove myself from them all.

Wow! This is so irritating. If I can’t reduce SPAM reminders and opt out, I will return the product. Most of us want to use the camera in a simple way without being pestered over and over again to buy up.

1 Like