Dirt cup replacement o-ring / gasket

The dirt cup o-ring was either lost or missing from my new Wyze cordless vaccuum. Very poor suction without this gasket. Wyze support says this part is not available. Found working replacement on Amazon. Specs: 104mm ID - 4mm CS - 70A Durometer hardness - Nitrile o-ring

Wyze should consider making this part available or at the very least be able to specify where to buy it. Without this part, the vacuum is useless. And it is easy to accidentally dispose of this part when emptying the dirt cup.

29 Likes

O-ring comes in a package of 10. So less than $1.50 each

Hi - where exactly does this O-ring go? I’m wondering if it is missing on mine (I don’t see any O-rings anywhere) which would account for the very poor performance I’m experiencing.

1 Like

2 Likes

Thanks - looks like I do have that gasket then.

THANK YOU FOR THIS! Ours is missing, and we think we accidently threw it away when emptying the cannister. There are no repair parts of any kind (only filters) on the website. I have been on hold for 30 minutes for customer support. The chat window is worthless.

I REALLY like Wyze products, (My wife calls me a Wyze Guy), but customer service is disappointing.

4 Likes

There are no filters available yet for this vacuum from Wyze either. The fact that this gasket easily falls out when emptying the bin shows how little testing they did. This is so typical for Wyze!

And it’s really a shame that we can’t get replacement parts, especially for items like filters and battery packs, that need replacing. Parts should have been available when the product was released.

3 Likes

My vacuum gasket is pretty tight, i remove it whenever i clean the parts. But yes, there should have have some kind of lock mechanism to avoid issues, i would have loved to be part of the early testers, since i like to find defects and possible problems a product may cause to people, but i have never been approve for even tasting a gumball lol. I recently reported that if you remove the hopper, you cant place the vacuum on the wall to charge since it will fall from the wall base.

3 Likes

Super appreciate this post! I just e-mailed support to ask about this part .

1 Like

Thanks for this— my vac now works again!!

Amazon was sold out but I found same specs at McMaster-Carr. Part# 1302N271

4 Likes

any have an extra in your pack of 10 you share/sell?? I’m in MA.

I ordered it from McMaster yesterday and recieved them today. Was not expecting 1 day shipping but it was very fast.

edit- also the part fit perfectly and fixed the loss of suction.

2 Likes

Wow thanks for this thread, I must have thrown mine away too.

2 Likes

Quick wrap with white electrical tape solves the issue while you wait for new o-rings to ship. (obviously not easy to empty like this but it works)

3 Likes

Early testers? What early testers? Wzye doesn’t test anything it seems before they release them. Apparently they rely on us to test it, after we buy first of course. That’s one of their problems!

1 Like

Yeah this sucks. Poor design makes the O-ring fall out too easily. Off to Ace Hardware I go!

2 Likes

Were you successful in finding one at ace hardware ? Need one for when we take in our Rv

I’ll let you know. I’m stopping there this afternoon after work.

Great Post - Our kids actually enjoy vacuuming with the new Wyze vacuum… However, when they went to empty it, they accidentally threw out the O-ring in the garbage - No suction after that - I put tape around it until the O-ring shows up - Many thanks to Wiredin for this information.