Direct access to SD card with download ability

maybe-later

I would like to see this feature also. Recognizing this is a simple economical camera, I don’t expect everything. But, I would like to download saved recordings from the SD card by some reasonable granule, hour, day, etc. I could then watch them offline, save them for the future, fast forward viewing, etc. I wouldn’t mind if the camera needed to stop capture during the file transfer if there is a bandwidth or other resource limitation.

0 Likes

It seems the microSD video is compressed, so you may want to check out the above and vote for it too.

1 Like

I would also be happy with a simple & standard FTP access.

FTP software that can download the videos are already available in virtually any platform, and tiny FTP servers are also already available that can fit in these cameras.

0 Likes

I was absolutely floored to discover there’s no way to download video without playing it back realtime in its entirety. That’s a dealbreaker: I’m planning to return the unit and post warnings to other customers on Amazon.

0 Likes

It’s a $20 camera and there is a way to download a time-lapse video which works well. The cost of the camera approaches what I paid for just the tax on one Reolink Argus 2. I would also like to see some sort of chron job to transfer files across the network.

0 Likes

+1 for this. I honestly can’t believe it doesn’t exist already.

0 Likes

Just want to add another vote for faster-than-real time recording of video that has been captured to the SD card. =OR= for any other simple way to quickly capture large chunks of video from the SD cards of my WYZE cams located 100 miles away in another city.

Very closely related, I want to add a vote for the ability to specify the file storage location within the app on Android devices so that the SD card on the device is used instead of the device’s internal memory. Many apps have this ability, so it should be relatively simple to implement. I unexpectedly learned about this situation the hard way when the whole app went bonkers because the 16 GB tablet storage was full, but there was plenty of room on the 128 GB SD card. (was quickly fixed by moving the half gig of video files off to a PC and reinstalling the app)

I understand and greatly appreciate that this is a $20 device, and all warning against mission critical use, so whatever works and is simple for the programmers to implement is great. I don’t mind work arounds as long as they work. :slightly_smiling_face: In three weeks I have acquired six of the v2’s and they are working exceptionally well with both Apple and Android devices. :slightly_smiling_face:

0 Likes