Different suction levels for different rooms or levels in the cleaning schedule

Hi Wyzers,

It would be great if I can set different suction levels for different rooms in the cleaning schedules. For example, I want to clean office room at quiet and kitchen at strong level, without needing to create separate schedules for both.

Thoughts?

Regards,
PP

That sounds like a great idea to me! I think it could be implemented via a firmware update.

1 Like

Probably an app update, as the firmware already handles suction level commands from the app as noted in schedules in the current production app & firmware.

I think it’s great idea and I voted. :+1:

Yeah, I believe it should just be an software update to app … firmware already caters for diff level suction.

It would be nice if you could tell the vacuum what level of suction to use for each room. For example, I use max suction in my rooms with carpet, but only need a light suction (almost like sweeping) for my rooms with hardwood floors or tile. Also, I don’t like the fact that Wyze refuses to divide a room, because “it’s too small”. That’s BS. If I want to divide a room, it shouldn’t matter how small it is.

1 Like

Yeah, also, I don’t like noise in some rooms like in my media or office room. No matter how dirty it is. I would rather clean it twice on quiet mode than once on strong ;).

Yeah, thats super annoying. How does it matter to a robot vacuum if a room is small or big. I know my house layout better than it … if you don’t understand where the border is, just listen to me.

Yes, i love this one. I know you can do it per schedule . But would love to config each room/area to have a specific suction level so you do not have to do it manually.

Also, when going from one room to another, if there is a room in-between would it save battery life to turn off suction/brushes until it gets to the next room? or the on/off use up more power? Prob has already been suggested, but just wondering.

I recommend that you can set a specific suction level for a floor. When you change to a floor, it will change to its suction level for the robot vacuum.

2 Likes

I’d like to see suction level applied to an area and the ability to save this preference in the map. You could select a small area or an entire floor.

2 Likes

[Mod Edit] : Title of this was modified slightly to allow for change in floor levels as well as rooms and enhance Search clarity.

1 Like