Setting up shortcuts does not work

I don’t want my camera on 24 hours per day but I also need the option to have it turn on at specific times on different days. This firmware only allows me to set the same time for all 7 days of the week which does not work for me at all. Right now I have to manually turn it on and off when I leave the house. This is not a workable situation.

I was moving from my Amazon Cloud Cam to this but if I can’t program each individual day of the week, I’ll have to return the product and go back to the Cloud Cam. Thats not the solution I want but I can’t figure out anyway to make this function the way I need it to.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

You can program different times on different days of the week, but just not in the schedule section of event recording settings.

Instead, you will need to use the Shortcuts feature of the app. Here you can set up turn on and off events on any DOW and time. You can either turn the camera on and off, or turn motion detection on and off.

Here’s more info on setting up shortcuts:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/search/click?data=BAh7CjoHaWRsKwjT%2FZrSUwA6CXR5cGVJIgxhcnRpY2xlBjoGRVQ6CHVybEkiLi9oYy9lbi11cy9hcnRpY2xlcy8zNjAwMTU2NTg0NTEtU2hvcnRjdXRzBjsHVDoOc2VhcmNoX2lkSSIpMWE3NTYwMDItMDQ5Ni00ZTVkLWIwODYtZWVlZDE4MGU4MTljBjsHRjoJcmFua2kG--579dfa272b5245c275d00ce8b17f895549ecb0f6

1 Like

So I have to create two different shortcuts for each day off the week. That’s not very intuitive. I’ve tried using IFTTT but none of the wyze apps work with it. Nothing triggers like it should. it

If the times/actions are different on each and every day, then yes you do. However, you can select multiple days. So, for example, you could make one shortcut for M,W,F, another for Tu/Th, and a third for Sat/Sun if that’s how your schedule works.

I set up specific shortcuts for my device to turn on and off and the shortcuts still don’t work. I’ve tried using IFTTT and even though it recognizes when I leave the general area and runs the applet it still doesn’t turn on the camera feed. This was the applet Wyze created and it doesn’t work.

If I can’t control how the camera works and have to leave it on all day long then this device is broken.

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, I suggest you file a support request including the log files for more help. You might want to go ahead and submit your ticket now as there is somewhat of a backlog. If you end up getting the issue resolved before support contacts you, then you can always let them know that it’s already resolved.

Well I’m not sure hearing that there is a backlog of support requests helps my confidence in the product.

Guess I’ll see what happens, but if I go weeks without a response, they will lose a sale.