Different app/Separate app for cameras vs other devices (Wyze App Redesign)

With the addition of the Wyze Bulb, Wyze Sense, and Wyze Plugs I feel that separating the Wyze Cams and Smart devices to their own sections would be help full. My list of devices is a little bit of a mess from the growing list device that keep getting added. A little more organization would be great and simplify the app.

MOD NOTE: Title Edited for Search Clarity.

Just curious… have you discovered product grouping in the app? Could that help with the clutter?

There’s info on how to group products in the help guides in the Support link, top right.

And if you don’t want to group you can always just sort.

Grouping would help but then we still can’t add a product to multiple groups yet…

That’s what I like about Alexa you can add devices to other groups and routines also, bad thing is no wyze sensors

I have done grouping before but i really miss the feel of the app being dedicated to wyze cams and while the smart things are cool i really feel there needs to be a better separation between the two

2 Likes

Wyze please make a separate app for Wyze Cameras. Really you could just make a duplicate app and then change a few things. This would be helpful because when you have more products than just cameras it gets confusing in the app. We are using these cameras to monitor our stuff, we need an app just for that. No reason to have our living room lights and coffee maker in the same app.

2 Likes

Without the ability to group different devices by room or location, grouping doesn’t serve a lot of purpose right now.

1 Like

Am I the only one who would love to have a totally separate “Wyze Health” app (or whatever name)? I don’t like having smart devices like the cameras, bulbs, etc in the same app as my scale and fitness tracker. It is extra steps to open the Wyze app for my bands or scale and be in a camera already, then have to back out of it and look for the health section.

Technically it would make updates easier to push and less things to break in each separate app.

[Moderator Note: This is a merged topic. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.]

1 Like

Looks like a dead topic… and now with the added “health” devices… I think this idea/topic needs to be revisited…

We really need this!! I would love a Wyze Health app, a Wyze Cameras app, and a Wyze Smart home app. We need this!!

I think cameras, sensors, plugs & bulbs (I don’t have any bulbs or locks) should be controlled via one app (Wyze Smart). Bands, weigh scales, etc could be another app (Wyze Health). Just my 2 cents …

1 Like

I think this is more important now then it was before with the profiles it wants you to set up on the scale and assigning multi wyze bands to the same account. me and my wife share a main wyze account for camera lights plugs. having separate account would make the app so much less confusing and the long list of devices on app smaller.

1 Like

Yes I totally agree!

@WyzeTeam

Wyze we need separate apps!!!

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Group Multiple Product (Device) Types Together For Multiple Locations

I own many Wyze products. I just installed the Wyze security system. I have to scroll through soooo many devices now. Redesigning the app with tiles that help organize devices according to use is now needed. Given the creative talent at Wyze I am confident that a redesign would be efficient and organized and pleasing to the eye.

4 Likes

It would be nice to have a Favorites Dashboard of only the devices or groups you want to see upon startup. Currently the Home Screen may have groups but still everything shows including the hubs which I don’t need to see.

Alternatively you can have the Home tab customizable where you can remove items from view but not delete it from your ecosystem.

1 Like

Can the Wyze Sprinkler have it’s own app? I refer to it frequently and it feels unnecessarily cumbersome to first select the Wyze App and then select the Sprinkler from my list of devices before actually getting to my zones.

1 Like

Would like to request Wyze Thermostat app be offered as part of a separate application since these are two distinct products and do not interact with one another, While I understand the principle to associate everything Wyze in one app, the practicality in another thing. Curious to see what other Wyze users who have both cams and thermostat think.

1 Like