Different Alert Sound for Wyze Notifications

It is not new in Android 9 it is the same In Android 8 , That function doesn’t work in Android 7 though

I did already post the link.

I would suggest having a characteristic ringtone for Wyze products so you can differentiate alarms from other common notifications and alerts. Sometimes I ignore the alerts because I do not know that they are important.

2 Likes

How do I get my Pan notification sound to be unique from standard phone notifications on my Moto?
I didn’t find anything in setup to deal with this.
Thx

Hello @maxrpm, sorry but at the moment this is not possible but you can vote for this to be a feature by clicking the blue “Vote” box at the top of the page.

If you have Android Version 8 On your phone You can set Sounds for individual apps in your phones settings

1 Like

Thanks HDRock, I just needed to dig a little deeper in my settings! Now I can ‘rock on’ !

1 Like

Neither the cam nor the cam-pan notifications’ sound is customizable in iPhone or iPad. If you add this capability you could make this toy into a real tool. Please advice if and when you plan to introduce customisation of the notifications, only then I would rave about your product’s utility as a useful tool and your engineering prowess.
Thank you

2 Likes

I have a Google pixel 2. Is this really still an issue? What a joke.

I changed my wyze notification sound and override the Do Not Disturb mode to sound the notification all the time. I have an OnePlus 6t running Android 9.0.

From the posts above, it appears only iOS and older Android are unable to change the sound.

I changed mines with an alarm sound, unless I am over looking it how did you change all three with a different tone?

Most likely , The 3 security cameras Mentioned are not all wyze Cam Cameras

ok, yeah did not think of that lol

People tend to leave out details.
I also have separate sounds for my Blink Cameras

Galaxy S8 via settings/Apps/notifications. I have 3 security cameras and have set them all with different tones.

I’m sorry, but , You are just repeating what you said before With no details, Are you a robot ?

anyway in the next app update for iOS we can get some nice cool Notification sound. From my understanding each app on iOS has to customize this within there app as a setting.

This would be great. I’m sure people would like to know when a camera detects something and alerts the user with a custom sound.

6 Likes

We agree! Please update this so we can choose an alarm sound especially at night for motion. Love the cameras!!!

4 Likes

I think a unique notification sound for Wyze app is a great idea.

It will help distinguish between a regular text message and an alert from the camera.

This is something necessary if using Wyze cams as security cameras. For example, my Reolink app has a very unique notification sound and I love it. I know it’s an alert from my Reolink camera every time and will not mistake it for something else.

4 Likes

On many Android phones, you can set that yourself in the OS notification settings for the app.

Apps → Wyze → Notifications → WyzeNormal → Sound