Different Alert Sound for Wyze Notifications

If possible please allow different notification sounds to be associated with different Wyze cameras. For example front door camera will play different notification Sound then kitchen camera etc.

3 Likes

I want to see options in the app to allow us to customize the sounds based on the various ā€˜eventsā€™ that the cameras (and other wyze devices) can notify us about,

So, not only unique sounds per camera, but down a level even further, to specific events per camera/device. And finally, perhaps even allowing timeframes and/or days of week settings, so perhaps one sound for daytime, a different one at night.

4 Likes

The request to have different sounds per camera / event type / day of week / day-v-night sounds overwhelming to me. Are they all distinct sounds? As say 4 cameras * 2 types (person / movement) * 3 weekday choice * 2 daylight choices would be 48 different sounds? I assume I miss your intent.

For me, I would enjoy having 4 different sounds for my 4 cameras, with a ā€œperson detectedā€ modifier beep appended to those 4 sounds.
Then I might have blackout times where I donā€™t want notifications (like when I am home).

Someday the camera (via a cloud engine subscription) will recognize me and my loved ones being my Google Photos identified faces that I have whitelisted, Then ā€œFRANKā€ and ā€œLARRYā€ would be spoken by the app, and my whitelisted names would be have app notification sounds muted yet still captured in video.

48 soundsā€¦ well, I doubt that anyone would go to that extent to customize their sounds, especially for EACH DOW. I suspect though that a lot of users would opt for different day/night settingsā€¦ for the whole week.

Of my 11 cameras, 4 are pointing inside the house/garage and I especially want to know if anything moves or smoke/CO2 detection, 24x7, overriding DND on my phone, so DND override needs to be option, too.

Having the camera name as part of the sound alert would let me react faster if there was an intruder or whatever.

1 Like

PLEASE!!! Do this as soon as possibleā€¦ the notifications are useless as they currently work!

3 Likes

I would love to be able to separate notifications for different wyze products. This would be especially helpful for the doorbell and wyze lock.

When a person has multiple Wyze Cams
The application sound ā€œDingsā€ on the persons smartphone when movement has been identified by the specific/ or any Wyze Cam. It all sounds the same, cant ID what camera by the Sound Notification.

Here is the Problem
Having multiple Wyze Cams, one cannot distinguish if the Sound Notification of Motion Detection, is for the camera detection, OR if its a SMS text message from someone, and not the Wyze Cam

The sound is the same no matter if a person is receiving a text message, or if the multiple Wyze Cams, identify motion, and send a Detection notice to a persons phone.

Here is the Solution

Allow users who have multiple Wyze Cams, to assign a different Sound/Tone to each camera for Detection Notifications
This stops the confusion, of the present setup, as one cannot determine if it is a text message coming in from a person or if its one of the cameras detecting motion, or which camera.

Have the ability to assign different tones, to each camera, also allows for a person to know which one is more important to pay attention to.

A camera notification from the front yard may not be as important as a 2nd camera notification of motion detected inside a homeā€¦Presently, all cameras, notifications sound the sameā€¦So a person with 3-4 camera goes nuts, not knowing if they should or shouldnā€™t ignore all of them.

Allow the assignment of a Specific Tone/Sound to each Camera Phone Notification.
Presently cant tell, if its a text message, or which camera is notifying you .

Camera #1 - Sound 1 Notification
Camera #2 - Sound 2 Notification
Camera #3 - Sound 3 Notification

As an example.

Right now it works like this

Camera #1 - Sound 1 Notification
Camera #2 - Sound 1 Notification
Camera #3 - Sound 1 Notification
Incoming Text Message - Sound 1 Notification

Its all the sameā€¦ make its crazy constantly paying attention the phone.

Hope this feature come to light soon!
Thank You

5 Likes

Actually on my OnePlus 7T pro I have it set to a different tone for camera notifications than the SMS notifications

Thank you for the information I was not aware. I managed to change it to another sound for All cameras
Now my wish would be that Wyze could allow each camera be assigned its own sound/ notification.

:+1:

Best, clearest description of the issue Iā€™ve seen so far. BRAVO!

Thank You!

:+1:

Iā€™m curious everyone , how many different tones do you think there should be 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 a 100?
I know there are some people that do have over 100 cameras
My other brand cameras I have 8 different sounds to pick from

2 Likes

15 Choices

Any more than that
Wyze can offer a Pro Version of the app that allows 50-60-80 camera sounds

If allowed, permit us to add custom ringtones and the limit is our own and Wyze doesnā€™t have to figure it out.

At minimum there should be enough stock tones that we can have different rings for: indoor v outdoor sensor notifications, indoor v outdoor camera notifications, HMS alert, other devices. So a minimum of 6 built in. Probably 10 would be a safe amount as a minimum, then show custom ring tones or TTS (text to speech) so I can just have it say ā€œfront doorā€ instead of a tone, or whatever else I set the TTS to be. TTS would allow virtually unlimited options too.

Those may all be wishful thinking, but that would be ideal.

4 Likes

Can people really associate sounds to something if they rarely hear them?

Take my phone for instance. I associated a different ringtone with my sisterā€™s phone number. It is the only sound I associated with anyone, so simple. The idea was I would always answer if I heard it.

Problem is, whereas I text her many times throughout the day every day, I never talk to her via phone. So one day at Christmas she calls me during a get-together at our parentā€™s house, and not only did I not associate that single sound I assigned, I didnā€™t even move to answer the phone! I thought it was someone elseā€™s phone, lol.

I suspect even if you only get 3 sounds out of this you would still be able to use them efficiently. Like 1 for routine cameras, 1 for priority cameras, and 1 for very high-priority cameras. I would think with 15-100 you will have defeated the multiple sound idea because not only would you not know what camera it is, you wouldnā€™t know what app or even whoā€™s phone it is.

BTW, I have no idea what they are working on, but speaking in general please donā€™t be too disappointed if you donā€™t get 15 sounds or more (some of the descriptions above want a different sound for each device / event type / day of week / time of day!)

I like that. Maybe even allowing you to associate your own voice recording, like ā€œfront doorā€.

3 Likes

Out of eight different tones from my other cameras sometimes I donā€™t remember which sound is which.

If I could record and set my own sound for each camera that would be different, I could record and set the name of each one
I have recorded and set one specific sound for all of my wyze cameras within Android and set one specific sound for other brand cameras that do not have any options for different sounds just as wyze does not

3 Likes

I have recorded my own voice, using my Android phone, and attached that sound file to an event on my phone, which is a motion notification from a camera of a different brand. Actually, the event/sound is tied to that cameraā€™s app, an all or nothing situation, like it is currently with the Wyze App.

Yes, there are apps out there that allow custom sounds, but I donā€™t trust em. It needs to be built into the Wyze App.

1 Like

I personally believe there should be a different tone option for each style of camera.

1 Like

I, for one, will not be buying a Pro Version, nor subscribing to a service.

1 Like

With many apps you can assign a special or different ringtone/notification sound. Would it be possible to to add that to the Wyze products that utilize notification sounds so that we could assign a different sound for possibly say each camera or sensor. That way you would know which camera or sensor was just activated and would also be able to tell if it was a Wyze product instead of something else you are receiving notification sounds, for example a text or email. It would help out tremendously if you have several cameras and sensors and was trying to monitor one in particular.

1 Like