Different Alert Sound for Wyze Notifications

You can add additional notifications for the moment the garage door opens, closes or stops. I’ll be interested to hear the notification sound when I open my door in the morning. Perhaps it’s the sound of the squeaky metal garage door moving?

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know!

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it!

I hope you bought your Wyze Vac before you started your boycott :smiley:, The thing is amazing and an incredible value when compared to any competitor. (Sorry for the unsolicited testimonial, but it is impressive.

2 Likes

No issues at all with product quality! In addition to my own home, I monitor things at my 84 yr old Dad’s home. There are so many ways to get creative linking devices with IFTTT. It has been tough to watch the recent launch specials go by, but it’s also been EXTREMELY frustrating to see such a basic feature not offered in the app. I began an original post to “suggestions” for this feature about 3 years ago. In my opinion… it’s long overdue and should have been built in from the beginning.

2 Likes

Having the ability to select a sound from “Zedge” would allow for a more personalized product.

2 Likes

Woot!

[MOD EDIT]

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

I had to give Wyze cams a two star review after learning almost ALL my notifications on my (our) iPhones were exactly the SAME SOUND! I get lots of news notifications and, frankly, don’t want to turn them off. And I refuse to pull my phone out of my pocket every time I get any notification. But Wyze notifications sound the same as almost all the others on ANY iPhone.
It has been discussed here, I now know, for a very long time that this needs to be changed. Loads of owners have complained. Wyze has told us they’re working on it, and working on it,…they blame it on the Apple App store or something vague. Still not fix.
Meanwhile, Android phone users can customize their notification sounds! No problem for them!
I started to get the new Cam V3 but decided to not invest any more time and money until this is fixed, it’s that serious a flaw!

1 Like

Thank god for that. That has been driving me nuts since day one.

Ring doorbells have a “Someone’s at your door” notification sound on their iOS app. So it can be done.

Ring is a different company. Wyze still doesn’t have that capability to have a different notification sound after years of trying, apparently.

1 Like

Thank you!!!

1 Like

This app really needs a custom sound for each device. Even 5 or 10 default sounds to choose from is sufficient.

I don’t mind paying for this as part of Cam-Plus.
You develop the feature once and it sells Cam-plus forever. Win-win for all.

1 Like

Is their an eta on when this will be released? Going out of town soon so I want to be extra aware of any activity going on.

1 Like

It already works, mine just updated automatically. You may have to go in and manually update your app if you do not have it set to automatically update

1 Like

WyzeGwendolyn has this feature made it out of development yet ?

1 Like

I am referring to the MY Q garage door system now has different notification sound.

1 Like

Why can’t the Wyze app send push notification or email notification out to a specific phone number or email address… like Nest does…
If it would do that I could then change the Notification sound for that specific number or email coming into my phone to whatever I want it to be.
If this was done I could also then use the emergency bypass feature in the iPhone to make it notify me even when I have my phone silenced. I currently use the emergency bypass feature on the iPhone to wake me up in the middle of the night for those important notifications. Like my nest camera in an out building and screened in porch where no one should ever be in there at night.

1 Like

We need this! Especially iPhone user! The notifications sound exactly the same as all other 50 apps on my phone. Being able to tell the difference between important and less important notifications would be a huge step in the right direction for Wyze.

If you use an Android phone