Different Alert Sound for Wyze Notifications

It would also be nice if we could change the tone per device. For example, I would like my sensors to be one tone and motion from my cameras another.

2 Likes

I found a solution to alerts on iOS using IFTTT and the Pushover applet. Itā€™s actually quite a robust solution! Pushover offers VERY persistent emergency notifications with various tone options. Also it offers the ability to snooze notifications for the times that you are home. I currently have it set up for my Wyze Sense contact sensors on my apartment doors.

5 Likes

Works for Android too. I just set it up on my Android phone.

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

2 Likes

@Mavens we may have a solution for Iphonesā€¦if one of you apple people wants to check this out :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m on IOS and Android, mainly IOS. I stopped with IFTTT because of inconsistency in their function but I will definitely jump on this and give it a try. Thanks!
Iā€™ll post back with questions and/or results.

2 Likes

Downloaded the app. THANKS! Now to figure out how to use it. lol

Is this what we should follow to set up the Pushover App? Send Home Assistant Alerts using Pushover - YouTube
Seems like a lot so wanted to ask first.

I would like to know as well. I was going to download the app to my iPad earlier today and setup to use with/via IFTTT but didnā€™t get around to it. I agree that the YouTube video you linked seemed overly complicated. Canā€™t the Pushover app just be used with IFTTT? @Mek0nr

1 Like

Instructs for IOS Please.

Iā€™ll add my vote for providing in-app notification sounds for the various Wyze devices. I am particularly interested in sounds in iOS and specifically those associated with the Wyze lock.

Regarding iOS app-specific notifications, that is something that Apple decided to put squarely into the developersā€™ hands. App-specific sounds are a major way to provide brand-recognition. Many developers appreciate Appleā€™s approach very much for that specific reason. Itā€™s a pity then if developers donā€™t jump on that opportunity, particularly when notifications could be be much more than just ā€˜hey, you got somethingā€™ and serve specific purposes, like alerts that inform about the status of a device without having to look at the screen at all (same goes for haptic responses in iOS and watchOS).

Get on it, Wyze! Please.

As I mentioned earlier, Iā€™d settle for just a unique (singular) notification sound for any/all Wyze products that wasnā€™t identical to the one I get when our washing machine finishes a load, etc. Even that would be a step in the right direction.

4 Likes

Agree!

Ditto!

Wes -

Would be nice to have a different sound for wyze notifications but it would also be nice to have the option to assign different sounds to different sensors, that way we can assign easier to hear alerts or alarm sounds for important areas

2 Likes

It would be nice to have special alert tones for different times of day, or for a camera.

People become desensitized to the alert tones after a while.

Different special tone for different time of day because during the night for example, because you would not expect movement in one area, or one camera set up and you would not expect any moment at all in the location.

This is beyond a ā€˜nice to haveā€™. I find it unacceptable that a security related app does not allow customization of the Notification sound and volume. Bare minimum, itā€™s own, unique sound. This should have been part of design criteria.

3 Likes

Why in the world would I buy 2 devices to achieve what one device should? Simply bad design on the Wyze app.

1 Like

This was post almost 3 years ago and nothing happens!

3 Likes

Sad that they are ignoring customer input on such an important feature for a security product.

2 Likes

They donā€™t care it doesnā€™t add to their bottom line. Somehow they will find a way eventually to add it under ā€œservicesā€ like they did with face detection.

2 Likes