Different Alert Sound for Wyze Notifications

I just discovered that I could set this thread to muted, which means I will no longer receive emails whenever anyone posts/replies to it. Since I started using BuzzKill to manage all of my Android phone’s notifications (not just Wyze), I no longer care if Wyze comes out with custom notifications.

1 Like

Please vote for this wishlist request.

1 Like

I’m exactly in the same place. I see the value of this feature and advocated strongly for it, but when I discovered (through tharn’s post) that the functionality was readily available through a third party app, I stopped caring at all if Wyze introduced it natively. Even if Wyze did introduce this, I’m not sure I would use it as I am totally happy with Buzzkill managing my notifications across several apps. I can almost guarantee that, if Wyze introduced this natively, it would be an afterthought and would not be as robust or feature-rich an implementation as you can get from the various third party apps that provide this functionality as a core mission.

1 Like

MillBilltheWise,

You said it all and I am right there with you about the major disappointment I am finding in Wyze, and, I was a big fan at first. I have only one property but, I live on acreage and have two outdoor cameras facing my gate. I want to know who is turning off the road and at my gate as soon as possible since it’s so rural and theoretically, unless it’s an invited person, there should be no one at my gate. We are having a lot of break-ins so this is not just to know who is at my gate, but, absolute security. I have been more an more frustrated at how slow notifying me happens. I have tested approaching and getting out of my vehicle and found that when I drive up to the gate, nothing happens for at least 30-60 seconds. I’ll sit there to wait and see how long it takes. I’ve had numerous notifications where a person is detected and get the video that shows them walking away (usually UPS who parks on the road and walks up to the gate) and know from my own experience that anyone can walk right up, hop my gate and be on my property and the camera wouldn’t even catch it. I’ve tested this theory so many times and that’s bad. I bought a sensor that when the beam is broken it sends a signal inside my house. I have that where anyone or anything that crosses that beam triggers it and I’ll immediately look at the camera. It’s often wildlife or a roaming dog, but it’s caught delivery people yet Wyze doesn’t. I’m also finding the outdoor cameras don’t last long. I have now bought 5 and only 2 continue to work, one now not giving me any notifications and freezing on a prior day. I’m finding I’m having to delete and then reinstall them to get them to work. So, I’m with you and need to find a much better, more reliable and better camera system for outdoor use where I have to depend on a battery operated camera. Fortunately I’m in range of my WiFi. I just don’t know which brand is REALLY good and affordable. I’ll use the Wyze cameras for the lesser requirements I have but need one dependable one for the gate to my property.

Also, Wyze should have the ability to give us notification sound choices to attach to each camera. I have multiple cameras but everytime I hear the alert sound I have to look at my phone to see which camera is giving the alert. In my case I only need one different alert and that is my gate camera. I saw where the Buzzkill app does notifications for everything but, it’s for Android phones. I only have an iPhone and iPad.

Joan

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat as you with the OUTDOOR version, Your so right with the issues. I too have had to uninstall, reinstall numerous times!!!
I’ve had 2 ring cameras with solar for twice as long as all of the wyze cams I have. They cost more but for having them a 6 yrs now, yes 6 years with barely any problems, And they are outside and inside of an Owl box I have. I probably should have kept with that brand and paid the price. The only issues is lack of continuous play back, the cost for cloud storage.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Individual Camera, Sense, Doorbell, AI detection type, etc. Alert Notification Sound and/or Color

iOS Custom notification sound for doorbell

Currently when the door bell is rang, the default iOS notification sound is played over the iPhone, With this sound it is not possible to differentiate between other notifications that may have received from another app.
The suggestion is to use the same sound that is played though the chime as the notification sound. Even better allow the user to customize the notification sound.

PLEASE SEARCH #wishlist and #roadmap and read the How to Use the Wishlist BEFORE POSTING. If your submission is approved, don’t forget to VOTE for it.

1 Like

blatent advert, are you a buzzkill sales rep? its probably in your interest that wyze doesnt add this feature. if wyze provides equivilent functionality built in, anyone with a bit of experience would use the built in feature over adding extra layers of internet dependent functionality, thats just more stuff to go wrong

1 Like

Many have found a solution in BuzzKill. I personally use MacroDroid and will recommend it to anyone.

Advert? No. Recommendation based on experience for a “now” solution? Yes.

Solve it in the app, solve it with a 3rd party app, doesn’t really matter so long as the results are there. And, the fact that these 3rd party apps can do insanely more than just help your Wyze experience is a great bonus.

As for stability, my MacroDroid routines are exponentially more stable than anything in my Wyze app and they are not internet dependant. They run locally on my phone.

1 Like
  1. I do not work for Buzzkill, nor do I have anything to do with them at all aside from using their app. Nor do I know anyone who does work for them.

2. As far as “anyone with a bit of experience” goes, I suppose my 30 years as a software developer and founder of one of the largest data centers in Canada might count, but I’m sure you have much more.

3. I thought it was obvious that an app dedicated to a specific function would have more features and capability than a feature added on to the Wyze app. Apparently that was incorrect.

4. The word is “blatant”. If you’re going to wrongly accuse me of being a paid shill, at least spell it correctly.

5. You are very irritating and presumptuous, the latter contributing significantly to the former. I will not spend more time on you.

3 Likes

Changing the Wyze provided motion notification alert chime of the outdoor cam

When Motion is detected on my outdoor cam, I receiver a banner notification and a sad almost inaudible beep as an alert. I called tech support to see if I could change the chime to something more audible especially at night. Tech support said that the unfortunately the tone was preset by Wyze and could not be changed at this time and to request it on the wishlist. So, my wish is for the Wyze team to create a better audible tone for the outdoor cam when motion is detected like other security systems.

1 Like

Any ETA?

I don’t mean to be a downer, but my guess is “Never”.
This lack of responsiveness has soured my perception of the entire WYZE franchise. I’ve spent a lot of money with them, but that has now ended. Darn it.

3 Likes

2018 till now. Sheesh.

2 Likes

I’m with you. This is completely ridiculous. COME ON WYZE…

1 Like

Optimize rings for people that are hard of hearing

My Dad is terribly deaf. I tried all rings and all of them are at the higher pitch of noises. The only one he could hear is the intruder alert. You should add more sounds optimized for people who are hard of hearing and possible allow the volume to be even louder.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for Individual Camera, Sense, Doorbell, AI detection type, etc. Alert Notification Sound and/or Color.

5 Likes

Not sure what has happened since this post of Feb 2021, but I would like to see this become real.

BuzzKill and MacDroid definitely sound sound interesting for Android devices, but really need this for iOS devices as well.

“Ring” cams allow separate tones for each individual camera on iOS, and it sure doesn’t take long to get REAL FREAKING FOND of this feature!
:grin:

C’mon Wyze!

7 Likes

Your message is not clear. In the “For Example” section you state that the WYZE doorbell will make a different sound than other notifications. Is this other notifications from other Apps? Or are you saying from different WYZE notifications. For every unique text alert, (person seen on Front Doorbell Cam), the user should be able to select a ringtone (any installed on the phone) as a unique alarm sound. So, I could set a ringtone downloaded from Zedge to be the Jetsons doorbell for my front door, and I could set a Star Trek doorbell sound for my back door doorbell. For a single doorbell I should be able to select a different alert sound for 1) motion detected, 2) person detected, 3) package detected, 4) pet detected, 5) button pushed. Also one of the alert sounds could be “None”.

You can already, within Android, cause an alert from the WYZE app to cause a different sound from all other apps.

I’ve given up on WYZE ever making their Doorbell actually useful by allowing the user to set sounds for each doorbell and for each event detected by a doorbell. It has been YEARS that users have been asking for this MUST HAVE feature. Instead of making your existing products really useful, you are jumping ahead to try to bring out some new creation. WYZE is a company with extremely bad ADD/ADHD. You can’t seem to stay focused on finishing the development of one product before jumping off down another new product path. So, you have lots of half finished products that kind-of do part of a function, instead of fewer product that are truly robust, finished, and valuable to own.

2 Likes

@MillBilltheWise, not sure which post\who you were replying to above, but since you have Android I will assume it was either me or @towelkingdom for our MacroDroid posts or @regnatarajan for BuzzKill.

I don’t use BuzzKill, so I will only refer to MacroDroid although I believe they are quite similar in their capabilities.

Yes. Both. MacroDroid watches all incoming notification channels. It watches them for specific words within the specific notification channels that you program.

Your Android OS can change the notification tone for the “WyzeMessage” channel. But this is for ALL Wyze notifications. You can leave this tone on if you like or set it to none. Beyond being able to set one tone for all Wyze notifications like your OS, MacroDroid has the additional ability to add a special tone for every individual device and every type of notification. I tell MacroDroid to watch notifications for key words and play a tone if they present.

For example, here are 3 of my many cams:

Watch for “Front Cam” then play “Triangle Ding” AND watch for “Person” then play “Whistle”, or “Vehicle” then play “Car Horn”, or “Package” then play “Jingle”, or “Pet” then play “Cat Meow”.

Watch for “Doorbell” then play “Ding Dong” AND (same as above for all Smart AI Detections).

Watch for “Back Door” then play “Buzzer” AND (same as above for all Smart AI Detections).

When a person walks in front of my Doorbell I will hear 3 consecutive tones: (1) my OS set Wyze Notification Tone, (2) “Ding Dong” telling me it is the doorbell, and (3) “Whistle” telling me it is a person.

If I hear Wyze tone, Buzzer, Cat Meow; I know that there is an animal at the back door.

Wyze Tone, Triangle Bell, Car Horn = someone just pulled into the driveway.

This is not limited to cams. Every one of my Wyze devices capable of sending a push notification (sensors, thermostat, HMS, etc.) has its own tone. Every type of notification (Alert, Alarm, Sound, Automation, Open, Close, High, Low, On, Off, etc.) also has its own tone.

As it applies to Wyze, MacroDroid can play a special tone for: (1) App, (2) Device, (3) Notification Type. You can program it to just about any combination you can imagine for as many tones as you can download based on the text of the push notification sent.

To kick this up two notches, MacroDroid can be used on any app you have and can automate just about any function on your Android. What I have described is only about 1% of what MacroDroid can do.

And, for those who may think this is an advertisement, it isn’t. I paid for the full version because it is just that darn good. Best $5 I ever spent on any app!

Summary

Yes. :point_up:

4 Likes

That’s a great write-up! Macrodroid is definitely the best money I’ve spent on a utility app.

Oh and I’d like to add they have a user forum, also, and the Dev is quite active and they have a lot of people active in assisting others like we have here in the wyze forums.

2 Likes