Different Alert Sound for Wyze Notifications

Glad this is in progress, I think the best route for modern Android phones is additional notification channels, Then the user could add devices to which channel then add their own tone. So someone could have a camera channel or someone could have a high alert channel so users can customize how they want it to work and not force everyone to follow a strict method. I personally like alert levels over device type but would likely would appreciate a mixture so I know when something is high importance but then my cameras could be in one and my sensors in another.

Can you add a different notification sound just for the door bell? I may want to ignore a motion notification but respond to the doorbell. Can you please get it added to suggestions for updates.

It would be useful to be able to assign different notification sounds to by device vs. whole app. Further, mute sound notifications by device or group of devices to coincide with phone “Do Not Disturb” setting.

Thank you so much…

1 Like

Want to be able to change the MOTION notification sound for the Wyze cameras to separate sound in app. My Samsung only lets me change certain things and they all sound the same so it’s hard to filter what noise is movement vs an email etc.

Thank you

I am guessing this feature could be released as soon as July 7th, or at least that their next major update on July 7th will be a big step that is necessary to happen before this can be implemented and released.

Wyze just announced that the next major update on July 7th will require everyone to have Android 7.0+ or iOS 12.0+ so we can cross-reference what possible changes happened in those OS updates against App projects Wyze has announced are in development. One thing Both of those OS versions have in common is that that they made some big updates to notification functionality, including things related to grouping and tweaking notifications as they come in, and some special customization options.

Therefore, logically, this tentative July 7th app update probably either includes the different alert sound feature we’re all looking forward to, or at least lays the foundation for it to start being beta tested soon after first. So maybe do the update and limit, wait for the stragglers to find solutions, do a few intermediary updates, then testing, then public release…but straight to public release would be fun too.

That’s my guess, but it all seems pretty logical to me based on the recent announcement. Looking over the changes in those 2 OS versions, nothing else stands out to me as why they picked those versions as the minimum requirement. The notification updates are the big overlap between all 3 variables (Android 7.0, iOS 12.0, Known Wyze projects) as far as I can tell.

Again, I have no special insider knowledge and I could be wrong, but the cookie crumbs lead me to believe this is a probable event, and thought I’d add some hope in here.

EDIT/UPDATE: I have reasonable suspicion this feature won’t actually be fully functional in the July 7th release after all (they are doing some other protocol changes related to the doorbell, etc), but I am sure there will be things with this that will still make for a good step in that direction since it will allow them to improved notifications, etc as a basic foundation.

2 Likes

Would like flexibility to determine notification tone on iphone. *

If possible please allow different notification sounds to be associated with different Wyze cameras. For example front door camera will play different notification Sound then kitchen camera etc.

3 Likes

I want to see options in the app to allow us to customize the sounds based on the various ‘events’ that the cameras (and other wyze devices) can notify us about,

So, not only unique sounds per camera, but down a level even further, to specific events per camera/device. And finally, perhaps even allowing timeframes and/or days of week settings, so perhaps one sound for daytime, a different one at night.

4 Likes

The request to have different sounds per camera / event type / day of week / day-v-night sounds overwhelming to me. Are they all distinct sounds? As say 4 cameras * 2 types (person / movement) * 3 weekday choice * 2 daylight choices would be 48 different sounds? I assume I miss your intent.

For me, I would enjoy having 4 different sounds for my 4 cameras, with a “person detected” modifier beep appended to those 4 sounds.
Then I might have blackout times where I don’t want notifications (like when I am home).

Someday the camera (via a cloud engine subscription) will recognize me and my loved ones being my Google Photos identified faces that I have whitelisted, Then “FRANK” and “LARRY” would be spoken by the app, and my whitelisted names would be have app notification sounds muted yet still captured in video.

48 sounds… well, I doubt that anyone would go to that extent to customize their sounds, especially for EACH DOW. I suspect though that a lot of users would opt for different day/night settings… for the whole week.

Of my 11 cameras, 4 are pointing inside the house/garage and I especially want to know if anything moves or smoke/CO2 detection, 24x7, overriding DND on my phone, so DND override needs to be option, too.

Having the camera name as part of the sound alert would let me react faster if there was an intruder or whatever.

1 Like

PLEASE!!! Do this as soon as possible… the notifications are useless as they currently work!

3 Likes

I would love to be able to separate notifications for different wyze products. This would be especially helpful for the doorbell and wyze lock.

When a person has multiple Wyze Cams
The application sound “Dings” on the persons smartphone when movement has been identified by the specific/ or any Wyze Cam. It all sounds the same, cant ID what camera by the Sound Notification.

Here is the Problem
Having multiple Wyze Cams, one cannot distinguish if the Sound Notification of Motion Detection, is for the camera detection, OR if its a SMS text message from someone, and not the Wyze Cam

The sound is the same no matter if a person is receiving a text message, or if the multiple Wyze Cams, identify motion, and send a Detection notice to a persons phone.

Here is the Solution

Allow users who have multiple Wyze Cams, to assign a different Sound/Tone to each camera for Detection Notifications
This stops the confusion, of the present setup, as one cannot determine if it is a text message coming in from a person or if its one of the cameras detecting motion, or which camera.

Have the ability to assign different tones, to each camera, also allows for a person to know which one is more important to pay attention to.

A camera notification from the front yard may not be as important as a 2nd camera notification of motion detected inside a home…Presently, all cameras, notifications sound the same…So a person with 3-4 camera goes nuts, not knowing if they should or shouldn’t ignore all of them.

Allow the assignment of a Specific Tone/Sound to each Camera Phone Notification.
Presently cant tell, if its a text message, or which camera is notifying you .

Camera #1 - Sound 1 Notification
Camera #2 - Sound 2 Notification
Camera #3 - Sound 3 Notification

As an example.

Right now it works like this

Camera #1 - Sound 1 Notification
Camera #2 - Sound 1 Notification
Camera #3 - Sound 1 Notification
Incoming Text Message - Sound 1 Notification

Its all the same… make its crazy constantly paying attention the phone.

Hope this feature come to light soon!
Thank You

5 Likes

Actually on my OnePlus 7T pro I have it set to a different tone for camera notifications than the SMS notifications

Thank you for the information I was not aware. I managed to change it to another sound for All cameras
Now my wish would be that Wyze could allow each camera be assigned its own sound/ notification.

:+1:

Best, clearest description of the issue I’ve seen so far. BRAVO!

Thank You!

:+1:

I’m curious everyone , how many different tones do you think there should be 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 a 100?
I know there are some people that do have over 100 cameras
My other brand cameras I have 8 different sounds to pick from

2 Likes

15 Choices

Any more than that
Wyze can offer a Pro Version of the app that allows 50-60-80 camera sounds