Different Alert Sound for Wyze Notifications

We can already change the sound for Wyze notifications. What we want is to be able to change are the notification sounds for our Wyze products INDIVIDUALLY. So if we have multiple cameras, we can have a different notification sound for EACH of them.

1 Like

In iPadOS at least, you cannot change the sound effect for Wyze notifications. I assume the same is true for iOS.

1 Like

Hello everyone. I’m a long time user of Wyze Cam and absolutely love it. But I’ve recently had some issues with attempted theft on my property at night, I’ve had three trespassers with two attempts of stealing my E-Bike. Nothing is scarier than waking up in the morning looking at your phone to see that you had multiple Person alerts at 4 am then watching the clips and seeing people with face coverings climbing your walkway with a massive set of bolt cutters. This was thankfully only an attempted bike theft but this could have been breaking and entering or some other event.
I’m fairly certain that other users would agree that the notification system is lacking with a few bugs. I’ve already expressed my concerns to Wyze via a Twitter DM, and they loved the feedback and suggested I make a post here also.

My main point of concern.
We need an improved alert notification, as of right now it’s a ding on my iPhone with an alert message and that will not wake me up! I’m sure others agree that we need an Alarm to trigger on our devices that is LOUD. Also, it would be nice to have a setting within the app that we can set this alarm to be active for certain periods of time. I would love to hear feedback and show your support if this is something you want as well.

Thank you.

4 Likes

All sensor events play the same sound in the WYZE app.
It would be nice if the Contact Open event could have a different sound than the Contact Closed.
Say a 3-tone rising vs. a 3- tone falling.
Likewise a district sound for Motion Detected.
And camera Motion/Person Detected.

Having a large collection of sound effects may be asking too much.

And of course I would like the front door to sound different than the back door. Having a couple of octaves of tones in a few instruments would give the ability to compose enough distinct noises for my purposes.

1 Like

I would like to be able to have different notifications for each camera I have so that I know which area has someone there without having to watch the clip.

I’m running Android.

check out my post here, its about as close as you will get for the time being, but it works.
notifications workaround

2 Likes

I came here to request this feature but see it has already been requested. I would LOVE to be able to have a different alert sound like when the garage door opens and/or if a “person” is detected. After hearing so many alerts throughout the day unless I turn notifications off (4 cameras, 2 sensors), blowing trees, shadows from blowing trees etc etc, the ping sound eventually gets ignored but I really don’t want to ignore - say- the garage door opening and being left open or a person in my yard. IF this feature is already available, sorry. I haven’t found it. :thinking:

Dear “Wise” Team
There is app called “Out Loud” by hillman apps on Android, which is helps to get speech notification from Wyze/other apps
Can Wyze team check for the possibility of integrating same feature in Wyze App
Thanks for making this forum and accepting my request here

Best Regards
Raj

Yes! This would be a great feature! Ring does this and it grabs my attention instantly.

1 Like

It seems there are two different issues here.
One, to change notifications so as to differentiate between Wyze and all other apps.
The second to me is more difficult to do, assign a separate sound for each wyze item, ie the motion sensor out front would make a different sound than the one in back. If you have 10 items sensor camera etc. you have 10 sounds. Even to distinguish between say a cam & a sensor would be a start. All cameras one sound all sensors another. I would rather have different sound for each individual item, then I know exactly what is going on around the house.

We use our cam in our moms bedroom. She has Dementia and will seldom leave her room :frowning: we need to be able to immediately check that she hasn’t fallen and need a sound chime to notify us that there is activity in her room.

1 Like

One inexpensive approach I use is motion detectors like this - if you are in the same less-than-palace-sized home with her.

Put the sensor(s) in her area and the receivers in common areas where you can hear them. If you pick the the units out in person at Harbor Freight you can read the stickers on the boxes and select them to all be on the same channel if you wish. (you cannot change channels later on)

When away, set a Wyze V2 cam near the receiver to detect sound events and notify you.

https://smile.amazon.com/4VWIN-driveway-provides-convenient-approaching/dp/B01JRASE8S/

1 Like

Actually, what I was looking for was just a sound that a contact sensor had been opened. Then I would know to look at the sensors to see where. In any event, the sensor alert would notify me that I needed to do something (call authorities, neighbor, etc)

For me, even this would be a welcome addition. The current notification sound is exactly the same as another smart device I’ve setup in my house … I never know which device is notifying me, so would love to just change the Wyze sound to anything else.

1 Like

Not having the option to change the tone makes my camera alert the same as many apps that do not require my attention immediately. I would love to be able to set it so that I know to pay attention even while at work.

3 Likes

It would also be nice if we could change the tone per device. For example, I would like my sensors to be one tone and motion from my cameras another.

2 Likes

I found a solution to alerts on iOS using IFTTT and the Pushover applet. It’s actually quite a robust solution! Pushover offers VERY persistent emergency notifications with various tone options. Also it offers the ability to snooze notifications for the times that you are home. I currently have it set up for my Wyze Sense contact sensors on my apartment doors.

5 Likes

Works for Android too. I just set it up on my Android phone.

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

2 Likes

@Mavens we may have a solution for Iphones…if one of you apple people wants to check this out :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m on IOS and Android, mainly IOS. I stopped with IFTTT because of inconsistency in their function but I will definitely jump on this and give it a try. Thanks!
I’ll post back with questions and/or results.

2 Likes