Different Alert Sound for Wyze Notifications

acutally you aren’t setting it up for a specific camera. you are setting it up to make a specific sound ( your choice) when a specific notification is sent. so say you have a camera on your front door. and you’ve named that camera in the wyze app as “front door” when that camera detects motion you get a notification from the wyze app that says “motion detected on front door” that notification is what the light flow app reads and then sends it custom alert from.

so make sure all your cameras have custom names. then trigger based on that. you are just setting the trigger in the light flow app to the specific notification from that camera for each instance.

does that make sense? theres a lot of info in that reply. lol

for cameras, the notification will be exactly the same except for the type of ( if its person detection, or just regular motion detection) and the name of the camera. the name of the camera is really what you are setting the trigger up for.

Sometimes it is easier to set it up from a notification you already have, one character off can make it not work

1 Like

“Out Loud” android app working for me as a workaround , for test to speech of particular application only (Wyze in our case) . its free, no advt

1 Like

Any update on this? It sure would be nice to have the ability to change the sounds on the app.

Welcome to the community, @tylerweight. If this topic’s tag changes to “researching”, then that means Wyze is looking into it. See the “Check the status” section of this topic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any update on this? Would sure be nice to have some type of notification tone that is custom to Wyze for iOS. I can’t see why Wyze can’t just implement a unique tone of their own and apply it to their app notifications. This would as I’m sure everyone in the discussion can agree would be extremely useful to not look at your iPhone for every generic notification.

See Post above

1 Like

THANKS FOR ADDING TO THE REQUEST!
Please though - the ability to assign custom notifications!!! I need to be able to distinguish an ‘urgent’ event device from a ‘casual’ event device. I would like to make my own, such as, “Hey! Front Door Entry!” versus a mellow… “hummingbird at feeder”.

1 Like

I wish there were options for choosing different alert sounds. I have hard-wired cameras (outside) at a second house and the alert sounds are the same as WYZE.

The current limitations for you is caused by iPhone not necessarily by wyze. I found and made a walkthrough of a workaround for Android users. Currently because of the Apple lock down there isn’t one for an iPhone

This should have been added before anything else came out after the wyzecam. Not knowing if someone opened a door coming into my house is pretty important and should easily be identifiable. Instead more products and services. The continuous recording is great once the outdoor camera is released. Please we need the ability to set different sounds by the individual or group of devices. It would be great if we could additionally add our own sounds. Thanks.

1 Like

Hello @re8609 and welcome to the community

I am not sure if you are using Android or iOS, if you are on Android there is a workaround that will get you different sounds (link below). If you are on iOS I am being told the limitation is possibly on Apples side.

1 Like

I’m on iOS however I disagree that this in an iOS issue. Your app that provides the notifications doesn’t provide any sound choices. I have no issue with Ring. If my front door camera detects motion. I receive notifications on all my iOS devices. The notification I have actually states “ motion detected at the front door” as that is one of the choices provided by the Ring app not iOS. Thanks

1 Like

You could very well be right, I do not use iOS, I have just been told this from people who do.

1 Like

Okay? :thinking:Thanks but if you know someone that believe it is an iOS issue. It would be more beneficial if they responded with an explanation or instructions on what I may be missing. I don’t think I’m missing any issues.

I agree, when I originally responded I did not know what you were using, here is a post from above talking about the issue on iOS

2 Likes

Jason, I appreciate you willingness and desire to help but I have other applications that you select multiple sounds for specific reasons from within the app like the one I use for my Ring outdoor cameras. The phone software/ iOS only allows you to select one single notification sound for an event. To iOS any notification is an event therefore using the same notification sound. With Ring as my example I go into the setting for each camera and select sounds provided by the ring app. Trust me I want this to work I have several wyze cams and sensors. I would love to replace my outdoor ring cameras with hopefully the soon to be released wyze outdoor cam. I however need to be able to set notification sounds by individual device not just type. Thanks again, Rich

3 Likes

Although it would be great if we were able to set different alert tones in ios, but I’ll settle for just one different unique to Wyze on ios that would be great. Im pretty sure something as simple as a notification alert tone should have been accomplish by now on ios devices as ring has its own tone on IOS. Come on Wyze this should be simple can we get this before 2020 on ios devices???

3 Likes

I said the same thing. Especially once the sensors were released. Unfortunately it doesn’t appear that the good people at Wyze understand how the mobile platform notifications work. They sent me a link to a work around for Android and said it must be an Apple thing. I also mentioned that Ring doesn’t have this issue. This is way overdue and is needed more than additional products.

2 Likes