Development Monkeys...."Are you Kidding"?

I just logged on after a while off line on this site, and saw a forum subject item that said something along the lines “our development monkeys”… posted by someone from WYZE… Are F***** kidding… the people who keep you alive are being called “Monkeys”? What the hell is wrong with you? PS… this comment seems to have suddenly vanished. Hmmm I wonder why? As a former “Monkey”… i.e. Sr Director of technology at fortune 50 company… I find this just SLIGHTLY offensive… It makes me wonder why am using your products.

It appears to be part of a “fake” Wyze ad for April Fools Day. :slight_smile:

You sound like a lot of fun.

12 Likes

Bruh you actually cannot be serious, it’s a joke that Wyze and also a couple other companies I’ve seen use. Calm the heck down bud, my God lol.

15 Likes

If it is it is in really bad taste! … And is about as funny as a heart attack!

Guess you were never in IT and had to take the nonsense from the “business”…

1 Like

I would like to order one money and two cars!!!

3 Likes

Yeah, just ignore crap from people who have no clue about technology … for years on end …about how they know everything and IT does not… yet they can’t even turn their computer… have you ever worked in IT?

1 Like

Calm down, gorilla johnson /j

(/j means it’s a joke)

4 Likes

Yes a huge number of us work in IT right now. You are incredibly overreacting.

5 Likes

Really need to calm down it was rhetorical

2 Likes

I work in IT and programming and deal with a lot of [mod edit]. I’d be happy if the worst I was called was “Development Monkey”. I see emails, office messages, and some phone texts and though names are not used, I know exactly which of us they are talking about by reading the sub text. Most of it isn’t nice. I return the favor by blocking shopping websites and things like that randomly. It’s against my company’s electronic agreement but people are on Amazon all the time, I just go in and block it and everyone is nice all of a sudden. They can’t complain to management as they’re technically the ones breaking the rules.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

4 Likes

Dude, Chill. OMG.

3 Likes

We fine we are called the monkey scientist. That totally fine. I think Monkey mean they pretty excited when introduced vbrooom

1 Like

it’s most likely that the developers made the joke about themselves.

4 Likes

Some people overreact a little too much… yikes.

3 Likes

Snowflake

A very sensitive person. Someone who is easily hurt or offended by the statements or actions of others.

3 Likes

You seriously need a hobby. Fake outrage on behalf of people who clearly aren’t bothered is clearly a cry for attention.

4 Likes

Holy cow. Either you are trying to play the 4/1 game too or someone needs a Valium. wowzers

2 Likes

Fortune 500 company, wow so not impressed by that. Did you guys tell mom jokes? Really, mom jokes. You gotta have a thick skin.
Saw your mom last night! Pretty amazing, We were hoping you would bring her so she can keep us all warm…lighten up dude. If you can’t gave fun at work what’s the point.

1 Like