Develop an External Infrared (IR) Blaster/Illuminator

I was just searching for an IR blaster to control my TV’s, fans, etc from my Alexa/Google and smartphone and wondered why on earth I hadn’t heard of Wyze doing this yet, I mean, it would allow Wyze to instantly control TONS of various devices all through their ecosystem and reach a large number of people. It seemed like such a no-brainer…So I came here to see if it was ever wish-listed and it didn’t even have 40 votes yet. That’s insane. I’d love to be able to control my TV, ceiling fans and everything else that uses IR from my assistant and smart-phone. I could even go buy basically any product controlled by IR and make it work with Wyze. It shouldn’t even be that hard to do either. I can’t believe this hasn’t been a higher priority. Wyze was asking for input on things like making their own smart heater…this would be way more useful and allow controlling tons of products.

IR illuminator for A Floodlight

Would like an IR illuminator with a micro USB plug that can be plugged into Waze floodlight cam’s micro USB port for increased illumination prior to flood lights being triggered.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

1 Like

IR floodlight

Hi,

It would be interesting to offer a floodlight for Wyze Cam that has IR illumination instead of visible light. Perhaps this would be able to utilize the investment in your supply chain by simply swapping LED type in manufacturing and using all existing injection molds, packaging, etc. This seems to be in line with low cost innovation that Wyze is known and respected for.

1 Like

Standalone IR light

How about a stand alone Infrared light to improve nightvision. Especially in my old V2 cameras the IR lights appear to be failing and the night vision is getting darker. I would like a standalone light that could either attach to the camera, plug into an outlet or be battery powered that i could place in a certain part of the room to provide more light to that area for nightvision. There are a few options on amazon but most are on the expensive side.

1 Like

No spiders or insect Wyze Infrared cam light on a thin 5 ft wire. Works like the Cam Spotlight, but two infrared light bulbs on thin 5 ft cords with a IR bulb at the end. If it requires a stronger power supply, include that in the IR light kit.
Users can fashion aluminum foil to fine tune where they want the IR light to be. This will eliminate 90% of spiders and insects triggering and blocking the lens events. Users can then turn of IR light in camera box off, Spiders Insects will go 5 ft away to IR lights, will not lay webs that trigger nonstop motion events over the lens. Allows users to focus the IR light where it’s needed. Some may add a 10 ft cord to get IR light further away. This should result in a 50% reductions of all night long false spider web motion data traffic to Wyze servers. Less nuisance spider and insect false events make Wyze cameras more valuable to owners.